Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: east coast chapter bust

Arrow east coast chapter bust

So whats the deal with the East Coast Chapter. Seems to be non-existant on a good day. Never any posts, get togethers or fun happenings. If you look at the east coast info section to this website you will learn that it is two years old.

There are some very nice cars on the east coast. At last years Lime Rock Vintage Fall Festival, the Early S Registry East Coast Chapter had a reserved area near the track and paddock. There were three cars there. How sad this was to see.

My thoughts is that this is about the organizers, or chapter heirarchy. Come on guys, if you going to do something, DO IT RIGHT and get people together. If you are busy, delegate chores to interested people than can make things happen.

Spring is on the way. Let's get the chapter off the ground, NOW. Perhaps, a get together barbecue or maybe a small concours or tech session.

If you need help, post it. If you have a mailing list of early 911 S owners, give it up so they can be contacted and events scheduled.

LETS HOOK UP AND HAVE SOME FUN ,

Cool wtf!?

Take the initiative!

Form an idea; figure out a location, set up some activities, plan a route or two to drive, draw up maps, research accommodations, scope out the restaurants/bars....

Then hope people show up.

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183

Ok...What do you think????

First outing can be connected with the upcoming Hershey PA. (April 22?) Swap Meet. There must be a local "Beverage of Choice" Joint, Pizza Hut or 7-11 around that would like our money..... As I remember there is plenty of parking so let's pick a spot.

Let's take those "Bust" and turn them into some nice....Oh yeah... that saying had to do something with lemons not ......

Glenn

East Coast Lack Of Support

Denson

Let's see you jointed the board march '06,so I guess you didn't attended the LIMEROCK FALLL FESTIVAL AT PARADISE GARAGE,where over 25 early cars partook in a concours and lunch in 9/03 you also missed the limerock car coral at thev fall festival in 9/04 were 15 early cars showed up,you also missed the open house at paradise garage to highlight my new garage with 15 early cars on displayin 4/05,but only two members of the club attened along with several of my friends including skip barber,and john fitch attended.
    On the open house I bought 4 cases of wine several cases of beer and soda,along $1300 worth of club merchandise I bought and still have. check the thread on east meets west at watkins glenn,I watched with interest were every wants to partake .but no one is taking the lead;I get occasional calls from member about events,but they are all similar to yours,"hi,how are you going to entertain me". this is a voluteer club there is no hierarchy;take the bull my the horn,and you put on an event....I'LL COME,by the way everybody has a mailing list sent to them

ASK NOT WHAT THE CLUB CAN DO FOR YOU,OFFER WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR THE CLUB

TAKE JENS ADVICE

The backstory to all these posts seems to be a desire to have more (any) East Coast activities. If anybody has an idea, I'd be happy to help. Hershey sounds good (although the drive is kind of boring). Maybe pigyback some cvr event? My 73 is in California, but will be back after the RGruppe Sonoma event in May. Frank's event would have been much better attended but for the miserable weather - always a risk. The West Coast guys have great drives - Pines to Palms, New Years, LA Sawp Meet..... Surely we can get something together.
    356 Reg #16227
    Early S Reg #700
    R Gruppe #340

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 19-911-65
    Ok...What do you think???? First outing can be connected with the upcoming Hershey PA. (April 22?) Swap Meet. There must be a local "Beverage of Choice" Joint, Pizza Hut or 7-11 around that would like our money..... As I remember there is plenty of parking so let's pick a spot. Glenn
    Great idea Glenn, Heidi and I will be there. I'm hoping to have Heidi's DunkleGrun '68 Ltwt 2.5 ready by then. If not, my perenial Grand Prix White RS 3.0 ducktailed bastard will be our ride.

Denson, I was responding to your two angry-face icons (which usually means someone is really pissed off). I'm sorry if I came on strong.

Welcome to the club! Heidi and I look forward to meeting you, your car, and any company you bring with you to Hershey. The more the merrier!

Cheers, Jens

ps. Frank, thanks for your amazing generosity in putting on some great gatherings in the past. We very much appreciated the cars, the food, and the people! The cars were truly special. I can only imagine that the turn out in cars and people will just get better and better. Thank you!

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183

just do it grab the bull by the horns,just do it

remember you're either part of the problem,or part of the solution;everybody has good ideas,now just execute them,not suggest someone else do it.

I would like to see if anyone is interested in a spring drive tour. Meeting at a local Boston area dealership and heading North to Sunapee NH. This drive would be approx 3 hours which would give people plenty of driving time and room for lunch along the way. OR ending in Quechee Vermont where we could all have a nice dinner at Simon Pierce Mill. Jens and Rick will surely participate because they wouldn't end up too far from home. The 1st NER auto-x is in 3 weeks, we can always include that event along the way. There are 2 gas stations along this route that sell CAM2 at the pump, so for those of us who require it - you can still come and not suffer from gas problems.

So I am in and that makes one. Anyone else..........

Defender of the Normal John Fusco's Avatar
    I would love to be a part of that drive, I've been trying to get up that way for 2 years now. If there is anything I can do to help make it happen let me know.
    I am also going to try and make it to the Watkins Glenn event.

Unlike Cali , we are fewer and more widely spread here and have the other limiting factor of (mostly) lousy weather to run our cars.
    The Zippo event has run into the problem of no-one who is intimately familiar with the area, nor has there been a vocal interest shown to know how many would show up (I think 4-6 have expressed interest).
    We shouldn't expect anyone shell out for merchandise and rooms and then have no one show.

Maybe we need to think smaller and be happy that anyone shows.
    I was one of those two at Franks and it was well worth the trip. I thank you again for the effort Frank- I drank as much of the wine as I could and bought as much stuff as I could afford.

Maybe if there is an event we can get a roll call well in advance of the # who would attend, then scale the event to that .

Next time there is an event at Lime Rock I can promise I can lay out a nice run and a BBQ.
    If anyone is also interested in a Maine coast event I can also get do the grunt work on that (with a bit of neighborly help)

How about more detailed input from those who've done this on the best way to plan and execute an event , maybe make a page on the main site?

John

Du must schwein haben

901/05 #305701

Bultaco Metralla 62 M8
    1968 BMW R69S

Early911SReg #606

round up the troops!

I'm just outside New York City, but depending on where you guys meet, I'd be willing to take the drive- hopefully some others here in the metro area would be interested as well...