Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: east coast chapter bust

What about a Jerry S. garage tour at 138 West 83rd
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

I'll be heading to Hershey again this year, but as the 356 is the focus I'm currently planning to run the Speedster over but maybe I'll get someone to drive my RHD RS. If it's raining the RS will go with me steering - it's a driver.

Several PCA Delaware members will be heading up to Watkins Glen in SEPT - and that will be a RS trip for me for sure.

cheers
    Nick D - Run Flat

1973 RHD 911 Carrera RS #0358 - Fun Car
    2016 Cayenne Diesel - Tow Car
    2017 Macan S - Better Half's Car

1955 356 Speedster SOLD
    1976 911 2.7 SOLD
    2006 Cayman S SOLD
    2006 Cayenne S SOLD
    2008 Carrera S F77 SOLD
    2011 Cayenne S TOTALLED (T-Boned but kept us safe)
    2015 Macan S SOLD
    2015 GT3 - Track Car
    2016 Cayenne SOLD
    2016 Cayenne GTS TOTALLED (Bloody big deer)

Still looking for 1st Edition Carrera RS book #358.

Life is way too short to drive boring cars.

I'm in for Hershey and would also be open to heading up the road for some gatherings.
    Jim Richards
    Aubergine 1973 911E Sunroof Coupe w/ 2.7RS MFI
    Early 911S Registry Member #589
    GruppeB #911

Guys, regarding the Watkins Glen thing...should we maybe look at 'roughing it' on the track grounds with tent/bag/airmattress(hehe...I'm too old to sleep on the dirt)? I'd like to bring my car but will instead bring a support van to house the necessities. All you guys would have to do is show up and you can keep your junk, errrrr stuff in the van. I could also trailer my car there so I can cruise with you guys as well. We could all book dinner at the Watkins Glen Club clubhouse in advance.

Here is info from the track:
    Zippo U.S. Vintage Grand Prix: September 8h – 10th Advance Discount (Ends April 30) Regular Price
    Glen Club (Must be 21) $225.00 $225.00
    3-Day General Admission $33.00 $45.00
    Sunday General Admission $25.00 $30.00
    Children Aged 6 – 12 $5.00 $5.00
    Children Aged 5 and under Free Free
    Antique Auto Show $50.00 $65.00
    (Includes One (1) 3-Day Admission Ticket, One (1) Vehicle entry in Auto Show, Parade Lap on Saturday, and a Special Gift)
    (Car must be at least 25 years old. Limited to first 400 Entries.)
    General Weekend Camping (No hook-ups) $40.00 $50.00
    Reserved Pit Road Camping $125.00 $125.00
    The 2006 season will wrap-up once again when the largest vintage motorsports event in America and the traditional season finally ' the Zippo U.S. Vintage Grand Prix, September 8-10 and is held in conjunction with the Grand Prix Festival in the Village of Watkins Glen. This event celebrates racing's history and continues to be the largest vintage racing event in the country featuring historic cars of the past from as far back as the 1930’s.

Here's info on the Glen Club:
    Glen Club
    NOW Open For Functions All-Year Long!
    Call Butch Talada at 607-535-2486 ext. 227 to make your reservations

The Glen Club is the perfect setting for race weekends or for private functions such as wedding receptions, corporate meetings, or holiday and birthday parties throughout the entire year. The Glen Club now offers a full catering menu, and beverage service during the non-racing season. Book your corporate holiday party at the historic road course TODAY!
    Amenities at The Glen Club include three tiered dining room surrounded by a panoramic view of the Home of American Road Racing, a fireplace, a complete bar and lounge area, large screen televisions, and a festive lower deck as well as a rooftop viewing platform.
    The Glen Club comes complete with a PA System, DVD/VCR, a podium and microphone and can be set up in a variety of ways to meet your expectations for corporate functions, private receptions, or individual parties. Check out the complete Glen Club menu. (link to the attached menu - please turn the menu into a printable format in html.)

I would try to do more but I'm not that familiar with the area and it's ammenities.

Paul Schooley
    71 911T (RS wanabe w/2.7L juice)
    S Reg #863
    R Gruppe #330

Defender of the Normal John Fusco's Avatar
    What is the 225.00 for the Glen Club ?
    Is that 225 each ? or to reserve .

Sounds like this one might happen.
    Good work Paul.

John

Du must schwein haben

901/05 #305701

Bultaco Metralla 62 M8
    1968 BMW R69S

Early911SReg #606

Hi Folks:

Thanks for the ideas and responses.

Some have commented choosing to say "just get out there and do it". The intent of my post was to say that. I was not looking to argue or challenge someone elses views or facts. The message was posted pimarily as the West coast appears to have a program that works well. The Esses magazine always talks about past and future events. They have fun, communicate and plan events that seem to bring people back. I know that CA is the car mecca, they have better weather and we are just a chapter. That said, I believe that without having the "what can the club do for me" attitude, there can be a way to make good things happen.

By the way, I attended many of the events at Lime Rock this past summer/fall and I did not see the registry, accept for one event where there were three cars, two being the Carrera RS and the other a 911. They were parked near the gas pumps on the left side of the entry road to the track and paddock.

My appreiation to those that do volunteer and devote their time to the chapter's success. I hope everyone has a great car season.

$225 is for the Glen Club...it's a special tower area I believe with custom dining, spectator viewing from above, alcohol galore, pit groupies (just making this part up but it sounds good right?), probably multiscreen viewing areas of the track, etc. I've never done it but it's been recommended by the guys who do the Tracquest there...sorta like the mansion for car guys I reckon...hehe. Not sure if that includes the weekend pass as well, but will find out.
    Paul Schooley
    71 911T (RS wanabe w/2.7L juice)
    S Reg #863
    R Gruppe #330

Defender of the Normal John Fusco's Avatar
    Yes, and do check on the groupies while you're at it.

John

Du must schwein haben

901/05 #305701

Bultaco Metralla 62 M8
    1968 BMW R69S

Early911SReg #606

"the porschepollooza"

Speaking of groupies, why not get together for lunch some day if nothing else than to have a glass of wine, a beer, some electric cool aid, a milk shake, whatever floats your boat, ........... and shoot the breeze, discuss the intricacies of finding period correct sun visors or magic tree car air freshener

an east coast chapter event ... "the porschepollooza"?

or something along the vein of ...

meeting up outside Port Jervis NY (on I-84 @ NY/PA border), driving through Port Jervis to Rt-97, where we take the twisties at eagles nest, scene of many a car commercial, and travel along Rt-97, passing some spectacular scenery, with the delaware river on our left, thru revolutionary spots such as minisink (battle of !) and on to Callicoon, where we park at Mathews on Main Street, to sample their fine chilli or crab cakes. Then its back to NY or CT etc via Rt -17 which is not far away ...
    Karl: E911SR #792 ; RG #420 ; GS #7

'72T Coupe - Sepia Brown

crab cakes

Karl,you arrange it,I'll come,post it on the bb,we'll get others to come