Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: east coast chapter bust

I'd also like to see some sort of get together. I'm always jelous of the west coast guys. Well I do live up by Lime Rock and would be willing to have an informal get together, not sure what, but I do have a big place and used to have the Ferrari club over after some events, just for a few beers and look at the cars sort of thing. Perhaps some weekend. If nothing else it is a nice place to drive to and the roads are great (except for mine). What do you all think?
    Tom

caravan to KAM

Well this Saturday, a group of Porsche club members are meeting for coffee on Mass Pike in Boston and all driving down to KAM in CT for a shop tour and 356 meeting. If anyone wants to join in, this will be the 1st event resulting from this thread!! See you this weekend.

Tom, I for one, would love to take you up on that offer, some weekend. I have never been up there much, and it does look like it would be fun. Another April event perhaps?

Then there is Cooperstown area as mentioned by Robmog, and Paul Schooley is up near Buffalo ...
    Looks like this summer could be a good one.

Tom, if you get something going I would be up for it.
    Karl: E911SR #792 ; RG #420 ; GS #7

'72T Coupe - Sepia Brown

Defender of the Normal John Fusco's Avatar
    Who (else) is going to be at the ALMS race weekend at Lime Rock ?

John

Du must schwein haben

901/05 #305701

Bultaco Metralla 62 M8
    1968 BMW R69S

Early911SReg #606

Sounds like the Northeast Region to me...

Count me out.

I'm forming the "Good Old Boys Region" for folks in VA, TN, NC, SC, and GA. (Rifle Rack, optional)

FL doesn't count because nobody living there is from FL. They are all transplanted Yankees. They can go to your events when they leave for summer break and head home.

Tom

I don't have a gun rack, but I'm up for some Southeast meets.
    Tom Morgan
    Charlotte, NC
    '18 Carrera T - R #368, S #692
    1973 Giulia Super 1.3

Good Old Boys (Region) Reunion?

Greenville, Virginia.

You guys pick a weekend. Any weekend. Hotels, camping on 400 acres (if you like sleeping with cows) swimming, fishing and rooms here at the "Ranch". G&W is nearby and so is the Blue Ridge Parkway/Skyline Drive.
    We're about 11 miles south of Staunton (pronounced STANTON) and about 20miles north of Lexington (VMI & W&L).
    Great eats in both towns and we cook out just about any time the mood strikes us and we have lots of chefs-at-large, so a Pig-Pickin' isn't out of the question.
    The ladies will like it too because there are a bunch of great little shops nearby in both towns as well as some pretty great chick-stuff like Wades Mill.

The Yankees didn't burn Staunton so it's intact and neat. There is a lot of old architecture and history. It's so pretty that many Yankees that have come here never left! Heck, we even have Shakespeare! http://www.americanshakespearecenter.com/

Best of all: We're on a PAVED road!!!

C'mon!

Tom

Defender of the Normal John Fusco's Avatar
    Hey, that's enough sesesh talk - don't make me send J.L.Chamberlain and the 20th Maine down there - This thread is supposed to be about how invisible the east coast chapter is.

John

Du must schwein haben

901/05 #305701

Bultaco Metralla 62 M8
    1968 BMW R69S

Early911SReg #606

sithot---you let me know when the event is and I'll be there. I might be in the mid year this first time around as I haven't even brought my barn find S up to WV yet. If you make it a yearly event it does give me a date to have the car done by.

I'd help plan but so far I can find my way from the house to work, and to the gym, in the town we just moved too, so I'm probably not going to be much of a planner for a little while.

As a suggestion for East Coasters, each year we could have it in a different area. Say North East one year, Mid East one year, South East one year, etc, that would share the workload over a bunch of different people and help us to see new areas. Or you could do it by state, Maine one year, North Carolina the next etc. Since I'm sure all of you are like me and still have job and family responsibilities this would allow us all to participate without putting the burden on one perosn. I'm new to the early car scene but getting together with 3 or 4 guys sounds bad arse to me, as I could use the help with the 70. Just an idea.
    1970 911 S Barnfind/Work in progress
    1976 911 S Ducktailed Targa with a 3.0 (I know...I know...mid year,but I love her too.)

Quote Originally Posted by John Fusco
    Hey, that's enough sesesh talk - don't make me send J.L.Chamberlain and the 20th Maine down there - This thread is supposed to be about how invisible the east coast chapter is.

John
    It is invisible. Let's change that.

Best,

Tom

PS: Don't bring any army here, we don't have the room to house and feed them once they are captured.