Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: R Gruppe track day?

R Gruppe track day?

On Friday of the Treffen thing, there's a tour of the Racer's Group winery and shop before the Friday evening welcoming party.

That's great, and should be a lot of fun... but there's also an NCRC track day at Thunderhill.

I'm thinking about maybe sneaking out for the track day. Anyone else interested?

Here's the NCRC link.

If you've never driven with them, I can email you a coupon that'll cut one third off the entry fee (down to something like $180 for the day).

Of course the R Gruppe as a club is not actually affiliated with any track days, but this sounds like fun Jack. Folks attending the Sonoma gathering should also know that I and at least three other PacWest members (Keith Jones, Earl Green and Monte Curtis) will be attending the Wednesday, May 10th track day at Thunderhill put on by NASA.

http://www.nasaproracing.com/nasa_event/list_events
    Randy Wells
    Automotive Writer/Photographer/Filmmaker
    www.randywells.com/blog
    www.hotrodfilms.com

Early S Registry #187

Gburner
    Quote Originally Posted by JackOlsen
    but there's also an NCRC track day at Thunderhill.

I'm thinking about maybe sneaking out for the track day. Anyone else interested?
    Hey Jack,
    Months ago when John and I found the NCRC Friday track date we too were interested and had hoped for a repeat of our R Gruppe Laguna track day years ago.
    A couple of months ago I made the same announcement on the R Gruppe Topica bbs.
    Of the 450 or so R Gruppe members only Ed Barnett, Ray Crawford and John Risvold expressed an interest.
    Basically minimal club interest. The NW guys appear satisfied to run alone.
    So I lost interest.
    Maybe you'll have better luck.
    How's BBII's new paint job?
    Someone said it's now red?

Jack,

How far north of Sonoma is the track? Sounds very possible...maybe.

CT
    2004 GT3 Carrara White with a few mods...
    2011 987.2 Spyder White, LWB's, 6 speed... Crazy Fun!!!

R #208
    S #607
    A #76

FWIW, there has never been more than minimal interest in an "R Gruppe" track day. Even the Laguna track day on the Friday of Montertey 03 was not really an R Gruppe track day - just an NCRC day with something like six R Gruppe members attending. BTW, we PacWest R Gruppe members are never "satisfied".. We would love for more Gruppesters to join us "track junkies" at Thunderhill on May 10th!

Hope to see some of you there!
    Randy Wells
    Automotive Writer/Photographer/Filmmaker
    www.randywells.com/blog
    www.hotrodfilms.com

Early S Registry #187

hmmm... very interesting topic here.

Like MG said above, we were hot on the trail of the '06 NorCal track schedules back in Nov '05.... constantly checking until the '06 calanders appeared, I even was in contact with the tracks (TH/LS/Infin.) seeing if there was anything that could possibly coincide with Treffen '06, alas nothing other than the NCRC DE at THill was do-able.

Then I mapquested the distances b'tween THill & the event hotel to get a grip on logistics and I determined that only the most diehard and/or enthusiastic RGruppe member would have any interest. No sweat for me as I trailer with a huge Ford Powerstroke Diesel p/up...but for the guyz who are driving both ways in early 911's I determined the turnout as being very low....then when Mike did a call out to all members which pretty much confirmed things.

If that darn driving school did not have every weekend booked at Infinion we could have been in like flynn.....

Oh well....so it goes...

On another note....RGruppers should be aware that this is a "no-pressure, for-fun" Driver's ed event. Lots of fun, lots to learn and very safe....
    Johnny Riz
    73E euro 3.2 w. a few goodies
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Tallon
    Jack,

How far north of Sonoma is the track? Sounds very possible...maybe.

CT
    Here you go...

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/m...Q+DWBFHH6ehA==
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

so it looks like a 5:30 am leave from hq hotel to be there, with some wiggle room , on time for the driver meeting around 8 am? then a 2 hour drive back to hq hotel late afternoon. hmm.. what hotels are in the area near the track? better bet for thursday nite
    Member #755
    Conda Green 70 911S
    70 black 914-6 3.2
    70 911 "Speedster" project
    "74 IROC" tribute Jade Green RSR

I think it's a little too much chew off... but

Here'ya go .... The track is about 5 miles West of Willows

http://arestravel.com/856/-/city/viewer/g2478

Hope this helps,

Cheers,
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109