Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: east coast porschepollooza or how i learned to love the car and get some chilli

Rob, we will definitely have to do something come May .... keep it in mind and maybe you will propose something/route/place/event ...
    Karl: E911SR #792 ; RG #420 ; GS #7

'72T Coupe - Sepia Brown

I am proposing;

Date : April 1st, a Saturday
    Time : 11h00 AM
    Place : I-84 parking area between Exit 2 and Exit 1 of I-84 when travelling Westbound(or Exit 1 & 2 if travelling Eastbound - i will confirm this weekend by taking a drive there to make sure it suffices)
    Depart : by 11h30 am
    Route : Take Exit 1 off of I-84, go through Port Jervis, onto Rt-97, all the way up to Callicoon
    Lunch : Mathews on Main, 19 Lower Main Street Callicoon (845) 887 5636
    Parking at Rear of restaurant. If we arrive circa 12h15-30, we should be finished up circa 13h30 if people want to plan the rest of their day.

It is my first time doing this, so if I am missing some info, please do propose it. Regarding parking, there is no special roped off area. There is parking to the side and rear, that I believe it shares with Pecks Market, a supermarket. If everyone parks at the far end of this area, we shouldn't have any problems.

'72T Coupe - Sepia Brown

Frank, I cannot post to Events on front part of website.
    All it says is "submit your event" but no active button to submit, or info regarding to whom submissions should be made.

'72T Coupe - Sepia Brown

Hi,
    I'm interested in participating. I am based in NYC, but my early S, a 2.2, is in Italy. Here I have a 993 carrera cabriolet. Am I eligible to join?

Giaz

Of course you are welcome to join Giaz. Anyone who has found this posting is already someone who has an appreciation for the spirit of the membership.

And while you are at it, you might consider membership of the early911s for only $30, if you have not done so already. A pittance at less than the price to fill up your gas tank, with all the benefits of membership (aaaahh), a membership card (oooh), and validation of your fine taste in automobiles.

FYI, one person i contacted via the CT/NJ/NY/PA mailing list mentioned a DE @ Limerock on the 1st as a reason for not being able to make it. But he promised to try and make it the next time.

'72T Coupe - Sepia Brown

As of now, we have rain forecast for Saturday April 1st

Stay tuned to the continuing story ...

'72T Coupe - Sepia Brown

my car

if it's decent WEATHER I'll get Dick Hyland my mech.to trailer my 911TR over for lunch,he's in PINE BUSH,NY

I scoped it out this evening ...

Travelling Westward (on I-84 towards PA for the directionally challenged), after Exit 2, approx one mile, there is a parking area off I-84.

Take this turnoff, which is downhill ... it is 1264 ft above sea level, and if you have a camera, makes for a nice viewing spot to take pics of the valley below.

Here we can meet between 11h00 and 11h30. No bathroom here though.
    Then we depart together, travelling about 1-2 miles to Exit 1.
    Take exit one, and turn left, following Rt-6 West. There is a Sunoco station on the right hand side which would be a good place to refuel, as there is lots of parking and it is the 1st gas station off of the interstate.
    + it would be a bathroom break if need be.
    200 yards on the right after Sunoco, after your turn right at lights, is a Dunkin Donuts/Baskin Robbins in case someone wants more upmarket bathroom.

Travelling through Port Jervis we continue straight, following the road which is Rt-6 West, in direction of Rt-42 and Rt-97.
    A few miles later we are past Port Jervis, on Rt-97.

Once we get to Callicoon, which we approach downhill, we take the right at the traffic light, and then right again 50 yards later, and right again 100 yards later again. We are now on Lower Main St.
    After Pecks Market (on left), we see Mathews On Main signpost, on left hand side of street. Before sign, turn left to rear of restaurant where there is a multitude of parking.

Then prepare to admire Frank's 911TR.

Right now weather is supposed to be fabulous during the week, and pretty sh***y on weekend. Hopefully some big wind will push crap weather to Sunday. , or at least push it up to Fenway Paaahhhk area and away from us

'72T Coupe - Sepia Brown

My 73 is in CA for Iron Bottom Rally + RGruppe Sonoma gathering. If weather cooperates, would you mind a 997 joining you?
    356 Reg #16227
    Early S Reg #700
    R Gruppe #340

You are more than welcome Steven401 ...
    As of today @ 3pm EST for zip 12771 according to NOAA

Friday Night: Showers likely, mainly after 3am. Partly cloudy, with a low near 42. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
    Saturday: Showers likely. Cloudy, with a high near 60. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
    Saturday Night: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
    Sunday: Partly cloudy, with a high around 53.
    Sunday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 34.

Let's keep our fingers crossed ...

Karl.

'72T Coupe - Sepia Brown