Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vintage Seats News...

Vintage Seats News...

Bottom Line: Mark Allin at Precision Automotive has taken over the operation of Vintage Seats from me (Peter Z). Construction and upholstery work will remain as they have been through Auto’s International and Autobahn Interiors.

Mark has more than 20 years of restoration experience, specifically with European cars (Gullwings, Ferrari's, Bugatti's, GT40's, Porsche's), but Porsche is the core of his business. Some of the special Porsches he has worked on recently or are at his shop now are:

1970 Porsche 917 Le Mans
    1968 Porsche 908 Nurburgring Car
    1970 Porsche 914/6 GT Lufthansa Car
    1972 Porsche 911 RSR
    1967 Porsche 911 R
    1971 Porsche 911 ST
    1973 Porsche 911 Carrera RS

A little aside from Mark: "While restoring the Lufthansa 914/6-GT, we were seriously challenged with the restoration of the interior. The seats, seats tracks and door panels were missing from the car. A search revealed that accurate reproduction 914/6-GT seats and seat-tracks simply did not exist. We finally sourced an original GT seat. From that original, along with period photos, we were able to create perfect reproductions. The owner of another 914/6 GT allowed us to borrow his original seat tracks to reproduce as well (another special product we will be offering for sale)."

Their goal is to take what was created with Vintage Seats and take it to the next level of quality and historical accuracy. They are currently expanding the line to include a seat dedicated to the RSR and 914 and to produce other related high-end authentic products like steering wheels, door panels, carpet kits and seat tracks.

Please don’t hesitate to inquire through the vintage seats website regarding their products and check the website in the coming weeks for very nifty new items... Stuff I wished I could have made but never had the time. They are already doing it!

http://www.vintageseats.com

You will find their phone/email/address on the website.

It's been fun making stuff for you guys but I am going help these guys ramp up in a major way and then relish in some free time...

Regards, Peter Z

All sounds good Peter, but it doesn't look like Mark has the experiance!

Talking

And that was the "short list" of cars Mark has worked on! He is one of the more capable guys on the planet, has a shop with top-notch guys and is very serious about what he does. I found out what the "long list" of cars that he has worked on and it blew my mind! This guy has the experiance!

Peter Z

Mark,
    Has been tremendous to work with. Can't wait for my new seats.
    Phil

Hey Peter, does this mean that the R2 seats Tony is finishing up for me is literally the last pair you made before the ownership change ?

If so then my R2 seats would be very historical & significant in the not so distant future.

And what exactly consitutes a "Pure Porsche guy"? He owns Porsche's of various years himself and works on the cream of the crop or Porsche cars as well as other very historically significant cars. He is a true Porsche guy, a true car guy and is extremely knowlegeable. Nuf said.

It might have been better to have a "pure porsche guy" and someone who is active in the Early 911S Registry and the 356 Registry take over Vintage Seats.

And he had better only drink German beer and have a name like Hans...

Quote Originally Posted by VintageSeats
    And what exactly consitutes a "Pure Porsche guy"? He owns Porsche's of various years himself and works on the cream of the crop or Porsche cars as well as other very historically significant cars. He is a true Porsche guy, a true car guy and is extremely knowlegeable. Nuf said.
    Peter,
    Can I have a pair of 911R seats done in cherry red vinyl before you pass the torch???

B-b-buy Bushwood?!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by dhopkins
    It might have been better to have a "pure porsche guy" and someone who is active in the Early 911S Registry and the 356 Registry take over Vintage Seats.
    Nice. That's exactly the kind of attitude that drives people away from this website.

Peter -- I love my RS drivers seat in my 911E. And now that I own a 914/6 GT clone too, I'll definitely check out those 914 GT seats. Thanks.
    Sandy Isaac
    '69 911E

The torch has been passed. If you need seats, call (978) 463-8144 and ask for Mark. The Vintage Seats Website has the new contact info as well. They are super nice and knowlegable folks. They just had a 917 in their shop and are restoring a 908. They know what they are talking about and are very serious about their attention to detail. They are sourcing materials that I could never get my paws on and are going to be producing other items that I think everyone out there will find irresistable.<P>Re: Sandy, glad you like your "RS" seat. It was a pleasure doing business with you.</p><p>
    Regards, Peter Z</p>