Thread: Halda Twinmaster Wanted

Halda Twinmaster Wanted

I AM LOOKING TO BUY a halda twinmaster,i am checking e-bay,this is for my '71 911ST african rally car

Hi Frank, have you heard of Martin Jubb in North Carolina ? He is the Halda Man. He will have what you need complete with the required gears, cables & fittings for your Rally car. His number is 252 726 7162. Have you got the deriguer Heuer Rally Master pair to go with the Halda ?

Good luck !

Thanks

Thanks For The Info,i Do Have Several Heuer Watches

Hello,

Watch out for the "wheel" inside, it's best to buy a tripmaster that was in a Porsche with the same tires, otherwise you need to find different wheels to make it accurate. I just bought one that I plan on mounting instead of the ashtray in the 2.2S, but just a single one, in the rallyes we do, a single one is plenty...

Milou / Registry #884
    www.ecurielyford.com

if you do a web search on 'vintage rallye' you should be able to turn up several Haldas. do you have a Curta Calculator for your navigator ?
    is there any event history for the car besides Africa ?
    HTH
    best
    jerry

history of #9111300683.ST african rally

'71 5th o.a. african rally,Zasada/Bien,factory entered after used by press/sports dept.,prepared for 1972 safari rally
    '72 Private entry,serviced by Jurgen Barth,safari rally 2nd OA,Zasada/Bien
    sold to Jurgen Barth
    '73 sold by Barth to John Buffum
    1974 and 1975:Buffum won two US RALLY CHAMPIONSHIPS in this 911
    1977 sold to H. Blok
    several various owners in calif,then sold to Denny Poppe in Minn '87
    1988,ice raced
    1989-2005 stored disassemblied
    2005 sold to Marc Davis,Belgium
    1/06 sold to fg,back at Gunnar Porsche for full restoration to original spec's

in a letter dated 2/28/96 from Jurgen Barth,he states"I DO BELIEVE THIS TO BE ONE OF THE HISTORICALLY IMPORTANT VEHICLES BUILT IN THE 70's"

John Buffum RALLY PHOTOS

I have been in contact with John Buffum,he is making me a dvd of the '74&75 rally season,with his permission,I will post them on my photo site.

Buffum owned the car, eh? Very cool - can't wait to see the photos.

Frank i think i saw a foto of your car at my friends office, he used to head the racing department for Porsche in the 70 until a few years back, i will check on it and ask him what he knows and let you know.
    He and hes team used to prepare the Monte cars and several others.