1970 911"S" - Black (originally silver)
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    1973 911"T" - Bahia Red - Now Sold
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

looooong day

Eade,

See you there....
    FYI: I was there 2 weeks ago, no more waiting at the curb until 7 to park in the main lot. I pulled in about 6:40, main lot was already open

After Crystal Cove, I am going up to Pelican Parts Open House. Meeting Lars and others at Donald Trumps Golf Course in Palos Verdes for brunch. Then a drive up the coast to Pelican.

You going???????????????????????
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255
    '70 911 S Coupe 2.9 w/MFI Twin Plug "Flairs n Chairs"
    '72 911 S Targa 2.4 w/MFI

looooong day

Eade,

See you there....
    FYI: I was there 2 weeks ago, no more waiting at the curb until 7 to park in the main lot. I pulled in about 6:40, main lot was already open

After Crystal Cove, I am going up to Pelican Parts Open House. Meeting Lars and others at Donald Trumps Golf Course in Palos Verdes for brunch. Then a drive up the coast to Pelican. See the thread regarding Pelican Open Hose in the general section.

You going???????????????????????
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255
    '70 911 S Coupe 2.9 w/MFI Twin Plug "Flairs n Chairs"
    '72 911 S Targa 2.4 w/MFI

With The ALL Porsche 3-day "Speed Festival" going on out at California Speedway over this same weekend... I am coming up short understanding how Crystal Cove gets the nod here....what am I missing??????

As understand it...here in So Cal. we have approx 100 RGruppe members... and as I was camped out at the "Road & Race" Trailer of our own Dave Buhain, (who's hospitality is far, far above the call of duty) I was aghast at the lack of attendance by RGruppe/ Early 911S Registry members.

Now I probably missed a few here or there over the course of the 3-days I was driving out at the track....I am wondering how many guys were out there that the sum total of "early 911 enthusiasts" I greeted was only six (6).

As a side note with the hope of further illustrating my point, my wife Gloria & her friend Sheila both drove out on Sat. in there own early 911's, were there by 0830 and stayed most of the day.....and I heard more than once from them asking "where is the RGruppe...??"

Here on Sunday nite after it's all over with, it kinda looks like the Circus came to town and (almost) no one bothered to show up.

I flat do not get it. but hey, maybe I'm waaay off base here?
    Johnny Riz
    73E euro 3.2 w. a few goodies
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335

Quote Originally Posted by RSupdate
    Here on Sunday nite after it's all over with, it kinda looks like the Circus came to town and (almost) no one bothered to show up.
    J.R-
    This is the first year that I haven't gone up for the Speedfest, sorry I missed your top-10 performance! I had to keep cracking on my 911R project as I had a visit from SDPD last week citing me for keeping a dismantled car in my back yard. I have 10 days to get it rolling again or build a fence between it and the street. I decided to get it rolling.

FRP pieces rough fit - it's getting near time for the paint shop.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Tom Tweed
    Early S Registry #257
    R Gruppe #232
    Rennlist Founding Member #990416-1164
    PCA National DE Instructor
    Read my surf novel!

TT.....

SCHWEEEET !!!!

no worries 'bud.....you're a driver ....as well as being one of my primary driving instructors that got me addicted to taking my 911 to the track as opposed to doing it other places...

..btw...can I get a close up shot of that rear decklid ??? does it say...four point...what???
    Johnny Riz
    73E euro 3.2 w. a few goodies
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335

Quote Originally Posted by RSupdate
    ..btw...can I get a close up shot of that rear decklid ??? does it say...four point...what???
    Here ya go- this is just a little joshing detail I fooled with awhile back to keep people wondering about what's under the lid. I just reversed the numerals on a 2.4 badge. I was going to put it on my 3.4 ducktailed car, but then got a custom 3.4 emblem made for it, so this one was laying around looking for a place to land. The '68 had a plastic SC grille on it when I bought it, so it was a natural to use it there, since it is a total fakey-ratrod 911R anyway. No one who knows anything about them is going to mistake a Sand Beige sunroof coupe for a real 911R.

The engine is actually a stock Euro 3.0 w/CIS, transplanted into the '68 many years ago by Dave at TRE for a fellow named Alan Rusczika, and mated to an '84 Carrera 915. I've put headers and a sport muffler on it, but otherwise it's stock.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Tom Tweed
    Early S Registry #257
    R Gruppe #232
    Rennlist Founding Member #990416-1164
    PCA National DE Instructor
    Read my surf novel!