Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cost to bump 2.0 to 2.2

Cost to bump 2.0 to 2.2

I've read that replacing the p/c's (and heads i guess) on a 2.0 with those from a 2.2 is the best way to get more power out of a '69. What is the typical cost for this and does the case have to be split to do it?

Is there that much difference in power from 2.0 to 2.2?

Thanks,

Erik

i should ad that i am in the market for an early 'e' and wondering if i will be sorry with a '69 vs. holding out for a '70 or '71.

Quote Originally Posted by berettafan
    i should ad that i am in the market for an early 'e' and wondering if i will be sorry with a '69 vs. holding out for a '70 or '71.
    Nope. Still, the 2.2 option is very nice and you get about a 10% bump in power, if everything stays the same. If I were to buy a 2.0E if everything was running great, I'd leave it. If it had a leaky top end, etc, I'd buy a 2.2S equivalent P/C and head set.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

It will be cheaper in the long run to by the car with the motor you want. Take your time. You'll find it.
    Bobby
    71' Olive 2.2E Targa / Early S #491

I've always considered the glass to be half full...that is until I reached middle age and realized that it is actually half empty.

That said, the only car I'd avoid is the 2 liter 'T'. Sloooooooow.

The other 2 liter cars are a blast.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Thanks guys. Just what i wanted to know.

Kenikh your car is one of my favorites! I love the polished deep wheel look on early cars and you've got it nailed. Got any video of that thing in action?

Erik

Thanks for the compliments! No video yet, but I expect that the Sonoma trip will result in some. Check back in May.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Darn..we put the engine in the wrong place!
    The 2.0 develops more hp per litre than any other engine. Thus it represents a technical achievement never surpassed.

don

Quote Originally Posted by dhopkins
    The 2.0 develops more hp per litre than any other engine. Thus it represents a technical achievement never surpassed.

don
    Do you mean in terms of stock air cooled 911s? In that case, I believe you are correct. The Honda S2000, new 8 cylinder Ferraris, 997 GT3, etc are all over 100HP/L, though.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Quote Originally Posted by dhopkins

don
    That's like saying size doesn't matter.
    Bobby
    71' Olive 2.2E Targa / Early S #491

I've always considered the glass to be half full...that is until I reached middle age and realized that it is actually half empty.

here's a 2.2E, although with 400+ views its probably sold

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showt...hreadid=276607
    Cheers, Ryan

Founder and chief centre cap remover at : ZOLLHAUS / Design driven custom PORSCHE : https://zoll.haus