Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I love the color of this T!

I love the color of this T!

Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Isn't that Viper Green?........

Not unless its a very distorted picture. Viper is much deeper and richer and better than that.
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6

I believe it is literally "chartreuse" although Porsche probably had some other nifty name for it...and I personally like it better than viper green!
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

"very original"

Maybe something was lost in the translation,but when your car has a rebuild,new paint which may or may not be the original color,new seats and missing some rubber trim,it is NOT"very original" !
    Member:S Registry #864

yes, and the door-pockets are not original, too.

... and even the trunk-lamps are sprayed...

Quote Originally Posted by tfmcmahon
    Maybe something was lost in the translation,but when your car has a rebuild,new paint,new seats and missing some rubber trim,it is NOT"very original" !

For 1970, the color would have to be Signal Green or Turquoise green. It looks kinda like Signal.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

I find it increedible that bidding is now at over $24,000 for this mut.
    If this piece of junk goes over $30k, I am going to put my beautiful and properly restored 67 911 up for sale on EBay with a starting bid at Euro$32,000 (i.e. US$38,000),
    And if it sells, I'll may buy an old Mini to throw around the sharp turns and leave on the streets in Munich at night... On second thought, maybe I will buy a mid 70's 911S with a properly rebuilt engine for under $12k, or a Lotus Lucky 7 replica for wind in your hair (or in the case of Germany - rain in your face) driving!

I think in this case it may be known as "resale" green.
    1970 911S Targa
    On the road again soon.

colours

This is not viper green, viper green is a slightly darker colour. It may be Conda green. Viper Green was used in 72/73 and Conda Green in 70/71. Conda green was a little lighter in colour than the viper green. It is not chartreuse either, as chartreuse has much more yellow in the green. By the way Viper green is called emerald green in a lot of Porsche literature and I have also seen it called Kelly green in USA. The pictures show my viper green car and a RS of the net in chartreuse (lime green). Correct me if I am wrong please.

Go to, "http://www.early911s.com/" and look at 911 gallery, and sort by colours. If you hold the mouse pointer over the pictures you se the name of the colours.
    Attached Images Attached Images