Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It's all about driving - Survey

It's all about driving - Survey

OK, everybody...fess up...I've done both...it helps one to BEGIN to understand what 7/10s is!
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Hey what about the option for street roads, like the twisties around Mount Tam?

Cheers
    Scooter

www.spyderautomobiles.com .au

OK - I'm in

OK, on the track - big time on a double apex corner....right in front of a Kremer Turbo . Years ago now, but I haven't forgotten. Major excitement for a few very long seconds as I tried to make sure I didn't come back across the circuit in front of this guy. I didn't stuff that corner again...like Randy says - slow in, fast out !

Never on the road though and I intend to keep it that way....

Cheers,

Lisa
    Lisa Gregory
    Early 911S Registry #726

www.spyderautomobiles.com.au

road - yep, one spin in my very first 911 (70 911E) with very old, very hard tires (which were then promptly replaced)

autocross - yep

track - yep, many many times...

rally - twice (that's pretty good considering i've done about 40 days of rallying)

actually, i almost find spins relaxing now - two feet in and wait...
    Cheers, Ryan

Founder and chief centre cap remover at : ZOLLHAUS / Design driven custom PORSCHE : https://zoll.haus

More times than I can count.

(And probably more often than I can afford.)

Never have, not brave enough. I would like to try so I can feel where the give it up point is but don't want to damage man or machine!!!!

Have spun my big V8 Group A sedan on the track once, happened so quick I nearly missed it. Wet track, cold tyres, no skill, bad combo missed being T boned by a whisker.
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6

clyde - i'd be more than happy to demonstrate a spin in one of your cars on the typ901 driver training day...
    Cheers, Ryan

Founder and chief centre cap remover at : ZOLLHAUS / Design driven custom PORSCHE : https://zoll.haus

Never actually lost a Pcar, but have hung the tail to varying extents in a few!
    I must admit to a few spins in open competition though, in a variety of cars. That is when you develop a keener feel for what ever you are driving!

I went off backwards at the kink at Nelson Ledges at at 135 MPH, did about 40 doughtnuts, I'll remember that spin forever.
    Phil

I as going to post one of mine but, after reading Phil's I think enough has been said... Sounds like a brownie pants moment
    Juan - Member # 321
    Ft. Lauderdale

Mission Foods Porsche GT3 Cup USA Champion
    Klub Sport Champion
    Rolex Endurance Champion
    Louis Chevrolet Endurance Champion
    HSR Sprint Champion
    PCA Club Race Champion

Race cars and parts for sale; videos and photos at: www.alteregoracing.com

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." -Sir Winston Churchill