Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can someone help me identify these seats and their value?

Can someone help me identify these seats and their value?

These seats are in my car and they have the Recaro name tag on the seat so I know they are Recaro's but were they a Porsche Item or an aftermarket sport style seat? Has any one seen them before? If they are aftermarket (Which I assume they are) any idea of the time period? Also, If you could help me determine the value if I decided to sell them to replace them with the correct sport seats. They are in very good to excellent condition. Only show signs of sun fade. Any info would help!
    Thanks!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    S Registry #835

Cool Seats

I think they are later model, Maybe 74 or 75. I could be wrong, but I have seen quite a few of them in 74-77 s's

I think there cool, and they are really comfortable from what I remember.

Question Recaros

I have the same seats in my RSClone but the corduroy is vertical rather than horizontal like yours. Maybe re-done earlier by previous owner?? And they are very comfortable and I too would like to know what they are worth also.
    Mark
    1969 911S-SOLD but not forgotten.
    1973 RSC

Early S Registry #298
    RGruppe #258

They are mid-70's aftermarket seats. Very popular during that time. I looked for something similar for my car but they are NLA from Recaro, so I bought the modern version which don't have the nice thigh supports.
    71 914 3.0, 82 SC, ESR 376, RG 307

"The problem with the world is, the ignorant are cock-sure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertram Russell

Quote Originally Posted by elbean
    I have the same seats in my RSClone but the corduroy is vertical rather than horizontal like yours. Maybe re-done earlier by previous owner?? And they are very comfortable and I too would like to know what they are worth also.

The corduroy on mine looks original and does not look like it was ever replaced. Does yours have the RECARO Badge in the center back like mine?
    S Registry #835

I remember 'back in the day' that some Recaro seats had an adjustable support to increase the length of the bottom of the seat. There was a bar on the front of the seat which one would use for adjustment. Doesn't appear either of yours have it. Didn't know they were made without.

"The problem with the world is, the ignorant are cock-sure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertram Russell

found one with the front adjust. Only one like it came in the car when purschased three years ago and I sold it for a paultry $150. Wish I had it back with a mate.

I think that is the same basic seat that Porsche used as the optional "sports seat" from the mid 70's - early 80's, they were built by Recaro. The sport seats are worth 300-1100 a pair depending on condition and what they are covered with. They are very comfortable but very heavy.
    Phil

Recaro made two manually-controlled versions of that seat; an LN and an LS model. The LS seat cushion thigh bolsters are higher than the LA model. While cushioned, the thigh bolster itself is metal. I have two LS seats in my 911. There are are no hollow areas in the seat back and the structure is pretty rigid.. Most aftermarket seat frames are pretty scary-skimpy, thus the lighter weight.

Sherwood

Correction:
    My seats are vintage ~80s. LN is the correct designation, not LA. However, there was an A seat; no adjustable thigh support and milder shoulder and seat cushion side bolsters.

Vinny,

I believe that your seats are from the early 70s ... 72/73 ... the "aftermarket" (albeit made by Recaro) alternative to the factory sport seat.

I know of one person who should've chimed in by now - the head of the SSSSP (Super Secret Sport Seat Police) SWBSAM. PM him and he may be able to give you a more definitive response.

My money's on 1973, but I could be wrong.

PS: They're far more comfortable - and laterally supportive during spirited driving - than factory sport seats. I'd keep 'em and spend your money on something else. Of course, that's just me.

-M
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687