Thread: Ebay seller

Question Ebay seller

While the engine is out, I might as well put in a new clutch. Wondering if anyone has dealt with this seller? Looks like a great price considering other places I have looked.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT

Never heard of the seller, but with over 10,000 transactions and 100% positive feedback, it can't be bad (even if the feedback system is less than perfect)
    Henry

I don't think I've ever seen a seller with that high a number and perfect feedback!
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Re: Ebay Seller

He had one negative in the past year so I am not sure how he has 100% positives but that is still impressive. He seemed to handle it well though. I found him online too:

www.gripforce.com
    Speed Solution International, Inc.
    1350 W. Lambert Rd. #B
    Brea, CA 92821

Anyone from that area familiar with/recommend them? They are about $200 below Pelican and significantly less than Stoddard. I just keep hearing my Dad in my mind say "if it is too good to be true it probably is".

I have been on the net over 10 years now and still feel funny sending someone I haven't met money for things that may not show up. I am not that old, but I guess I am just old fashoned.

Thanks,

Steve

just pay with Paypal, you're protected if it doesn't show up or isnt what is was advertised to be.

I have corresponded with these guys before about clutches and they were always responsive and provided intelligent answers.
    Phil Lack
    Early 911-S Registry # 690
    R-Gruppe # 367
    Past President: Australian TYP901 Register Inc. # 0002

2.0 '66 911R : sold
    2.0 '68 911S : sold
    2.4 '72 911E coupe original Aubergine
    2.4 '72 911E :sold
    2.4 '72 911T : sold
    3.6 '94 993 :sold
    3.6 '97 993 C2S :sold
    '01 Ferrari 360 sold
    '15 CLA250 Benz
    '12 BMW 1M coupe (OMG!)

Gripforce

I used them about three weeks ago to buy a new Sachs clutch kit for my '72. They not only had the best price around, but they had the clutch at my front door in less then 48 hours after ordering it.

My experience was flawless and I would highly recommend them based on it.
    J-P
    S Registry #949

e72phil, J-P, Thanks. That is what I was looking for. I am going to order from them next week.

Thumbs up Progress!

I just ordered my clutch from these guys. I will post how well the transaction goes.
    My car is in a million pieces in my garage. All I have for inspiration right now is a video I made last fall of my son and I driving a few of our favorite roads on the last drive of the season. That and him prodding me to get it done so we can drive. Oh, and my wife prodding me to get her space in the garage back.
    I am finding a lot of little things wrong with the car that I am correcting. Several of the fuel line fittings are sub-par. The good news is that the original owner had the car rust proofed right after delivery, so everything is cruddy with undercoat but extremely well preserved. The plating on most of the bolts is like new. Amazing for a 205,000 mile car. Last night I removed the last of the parts and I will start assembling soon. I am clinging to that slippery slope... Stoddard loves me right now!

-Steve

I too ordered a clutch from him. Great price and
    good service.

Would recommend!

jon

With 10,000 feedback and one negative, the feedback score obviously rounds to 100%.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389