Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Autos International inc.

Autos International inc.

I want to buy a new carpet set for my 911S 1973. I want it to be as original as possible. The "S" was delivered with velour carpets in 1973. I have found a velour set at http://www.autosintl.com/. Do they have a good reputation or is there some other supplier you can recommend?

Thanks

John

John,

Tony Garcia
    Autobahn Interiors
    330 16th Street
    San Diego, CA 92101
    619-230-1065

He did great work for me.

John
    Early S Registry #630
    71 911S Irish Green
    65 911 #301826, Silver
    57 Speedster #83702 Aquamarine Blue

Tony "was" Autos IMHO. He's a great guy, delivers what he promises and is as down to earth as anyone I've ever met in this business.

Good luck,

Tom Bridgers

My english

Sorry about this, but I did not understand the part "Tony "was" Autos IMHO" Could you please explain? Didi you meen that Tony at Autobahn previously was at Auto International? What is Autobahns webpage?

Thank Sithot and Jashford

John

Tony handled Porsche related jobs for Autos International. He left to start his own company, Autobahn Interiors. I'd recommend going with the guy that made the Porsche business at Autos International. Link:

http://www.autobahninteriors.com/pages/1/index.htm
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

That's the ticket!

Tom

New carpet

Thanks everybody, I have sent Tony a mail. I am really looking forward to changing my perlon carpets with the correct velour carpets.

John

Just to add some further credibility to Tony. Tony has refined several of the patterns that he has, and they are in fact different from those that Auto's is using for a variety of areas....including carpet's and headliners. The reason for the refinement was to make a more exact copy of the original specs. Perhaps this is why the product that we get from Tony fits so well....

My own experience with Tony has been nothing short of excellent. The last sets of sport seats he did for me were incredible in fit, finish, and originality.

Eric

I think Auto's is hit and miss.

I got my carpets and mats and they seem to be quite accurate. Although not installed at this point they match the original carpets I removed.

I got some seat upholstery and sent them back due to some issues.

Rear seat straps also were sent back.
    1970 911S Targa
    On the road again soon.

I will vouch for Tony at Autobahn as well - he did the carpets for my 70S this winter and they turned out great.
    Renn-Spot - Cars & parts For Sale - http://renn-spot.blogspot.com/
    1970 911"S" - Black (originally silver)
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    1973 911"T" - Bahia Red - Now Sold
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439