Thread: Mark @ vintageseats

Mark @ vintageseats

Woo Hoo! I got a christmas package yesterday... the best part is I didn't even know it was comming! I had ordered a 73 RSR seat from Mark, hadn't heard from him in a bit... and bam! FexEx truck visit last night. (the best part is the missues thought it was her package! Ha!

Attachment 18623

Attachment 18624

Attachment 18625

BTW, this man does beautiful work. I am very pleased and can't wait to get it in the car. Boy is it light. Thanks mark!

tadd
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Looks great

Nice seat. Can you tell us the weight?

Thanks,
    Bert Jayasekera
    1970 911T - Tangerine Orange
    Early 911S Registry #494
    R Gruppe #167

Bert:
    I put it in last night but want to readjust it this weekend. You get three height holes, so I was going to use the hightest in front and the lowest in back to get a bit of rake.

When I pull it I will throw it on the bathroom scale... it may not be till sunday though.

tadd

No rush. I am sure other guys on the forum would like to see the weight savings. Can you post a photo of the seat install?

I am curious about your seat rake with the 3 holes in the bracket.

Thanks,
    Bert Jayasekera
    Early 911S Registry #494
    R Gruppe #167

Bert:
    I must apoligize, the weekend got away from me so I didn't get the seat 'readjusted' and therefore not massed either. I will get to it this week. Here is the seat installed:
    Attachment 18745

Attachment 18746

tadd

Nice seat

Hi Tadd,

Your new seat looks great in your SWB car. The Fuchs in the back are a nice touch.

What year is your car? Are you upgrading just the seats and wheels?

I weighed my standard seat and it came out to 45 lbs. with the sliders. It was very heavy! I have to bring my new ST seats down to Autobahn for upholstery and I should have a significant weight savings.

Thanks,
    Bert Jayasekera
    Early 911S Registry #494
    R Gruppe #167

Bert:
    Its a 67 from the desert so it is very well preserved - zero rust. I bought it after finishing grad school to build into a RSR clone but it is too nice to cut up. So until I can afford to buy another one to hatchet, this one will get anything I can unbolt and put the original parts on a shelf. A TRE IROC bar is next so I can get the rest of the harness installed. The 16" fuchs are a place holder till I can manage a set of R wheels. Toss in a full set of poly-bronze bushings/sealed mono-balls and other than an unobtanium RSR gas tank I will be pretty set.

Did I mention the hot rod 2.0 (2.2??)? Just finished doing a twin-plug to the heads. I did a 'factory' cut out of the first few fins like the factory casting on the test head, but can't decide if I should do it on the rest...
    Attachment 18764

The plug:
    Attachment 18765

On the mill. (The wax keeps the fins supported. I just beat it in with a hammer rather than melting and pouring it )
    Attachment 18766

tadd

Tadd,

A twin plug short stroke motor should be a lot of fun.

Good luck.
    Bert Jayasekera
    Early 911S Registry #494
    R Gruppe #167

Wink fabric from the sitzeclinik

Hello,

I've just covered my seats with houndstooth I bought from the sitzeclinik. I'll post images but the quality is excellent (although wool and quite warm).

Milou / Registry #884
    www.ecurielyford.com