Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Value of a tub with registration

Value of a tub with registration

70T rolling tub, I supply the wheels. Generous rust in all the, ahem, right places. No doors, no glass, no drivetrain, not even an oil tank and looks like total crap, but it *is* salvagable as a base and has a clean registration. Can anyone put a suggested price on this knowing the seller knows where the early longhood market is going and is not giving it away. I need to sort this out before next weekend. I tried $1500 cdn and he felt insulted so I don't want to offer a stoopid amount next time around.

If anyone in the northeast (US or Canada) has a good deal on a 70'ish tub with title in reasonable shape, let me know. I'm getting ready to begin the $$$ very long voyage of starting from scratch with a lightweight big motor project and would prefer not to spend the first 6 years rebuilding the body from scratch. I'm near Buffalo, NY with limited time to travel the country right now searching.
    Paul Schooley
    71 911T (RS wanabe w/2.7L juice)
    S Reg #863
    R Gruppe #330

Hell, considering your description, I'd say your offer was generous! Good "rollers" go for $5K or so...one, a '72, went for a price in that area on Pelican not long ago.
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Got a 72T roller in Arizona. No glass , some body panels in various stages of resto. No wheels, steering,dash,or oil tank. Glass out but have it. Brakes intact.Rust issues. Most importantly clean title. Regards Mitch

Hell, I know of rollers in this condition that are being given away. $1500 was overly generous.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

I thought so considering I even had to supply the wheels/tires to move it and the fact that it's a metal worker's dream from front to back. Sorta bums me out the lack of decent rollers in the northeast.
    Paul Schooley
    S Reg #863
    R Gruppe #330

1,500.00 CAD Canada Dollars = 1,347.01 USD United States Dollars
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Yes...a buck three eighty in u.s. funds...bwaaaahahahahaaa...wait a minute, your president has screwed up your economy so badly that we're not far from par.
    Paul Schooley
    S Reg #863
    R Gruppe #330

We have a president?

Quote Originally Posted by 37yrold911
    We have a president?
    32%

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183

Paul, you can do MUCH better. With the great support group of Registry members you don't really have to travel to find what you need. There is lots of help to look at a tub if you find one far afield. You do have to consider transport costs though. $2k or so from SoCal or the South West would be the most you'd have to pay, but it's also the area more likely to yield a rust free chassis.

Hold out for a better starting point for your project.

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183