Thread: Transport Company

Transport Company

Has anyone had dealings with All American Auto Transport out of BETHESDA, MD 20814? They seem to be saying the right things.
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

No but if you are looking for good a good reliable transporter contact Joe Ja kubus at jjakubus@yahoo.com or call him at 734-837-1118.

He has transported two cars for me and two for a friend here on the board. He also transports all of Chuck Stoddards car.

Joe is the man, reasonable, careful and reliable.

Tell Joe, Joe Annicelli says hello.

Good luck
    Joe Annicelli
    Early 911S Registry #751
    Polo Red/Black 1967 Porsche 911S Coupe "Walter"
    Black/Red 1967 Alfa GTJr. Coupe "Nero"
    Italian Red 1994 Ducati 900SS/SP looks fast standing still
    Italian Red 1957 Gilera 150 Sport

Ahhhh the sixties... I envision myself one early Saturday morning wearing plaid shorts, black shoes with white socks smoking a cigarette heading to the hardware store to buy a bag of nails.
    SWB cars are an acquired taste however once acquired theirs no turning back.

thanks, Joe had very limited availability on west coast so timing does not work.
    Early 911S Registry #750
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

I've used "Reliable" 5 times... 3 in the last year. NO issues, pricing was right.

E

My advice is be careful. I have an enclosed transportation company I have used twice and they have been great. I have had 4 cars hauled from MT, 2 have been terrible 2 have been good.
    Phil

I think I am going to use Fed-X, they are enclosed, hopefully the company name is worth something and they were about $100 more than most other enclosed quotes so seems worth it to me.

FYI 2 cars enclosed from Los Angeles to Austin is $2,500. I did find open transport for around $650 each. $0 deductible insurance and $100k agreed value per vehicle total loss.
    Early 911S Registry #750
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

Porsche - There Is No Substitute 2POINT7's Avatar
    Like so many other services in life it ultimately comes down to the individual person, driver in this case, that makes the difference. Most of those enclosed carrier trucks are pretty much the same, at least from the more popular recognized names so it really doesn't matter if it says FedEx, InterCity, Horseless Carriage or Thomas Sunday on the outside. What matters instead is whether it is Manny, Moe or Jack (and hopefully it is none of them) on the inside.

This is, unfortunately something you really can't control. I have had very good experience with InterCity Lines (3 times) but have heard others say they waited long times for pick ups. You need to look at the calendar too as big Barrett Jackson, Amelia Island, Pebble Beach size shows will definately affect schedules for these guys.

I'd say you would likely be well served by FedEx Custom Critical (formerly Passport). Just keep your fingers crossed for a competent driver.

One last thing, and I think all of the big premium carriers promise this; don't let the carrier switch your car from one truck to another mid-trip. I remember reading a story about a guy whose car, going west to east was off loaded in Texas and sat for a couple of weeks in the parking lot of a truck terminal. Regardless of who you use, I'd still be sure to ask that question.
    Ed Cave
    Atlanta, GA

Member No. 738

1958 Porsche 356A Sunroof Coupe
    1998 Porsche Carrera S
    2008 Porsche Carrera S (her dd)
    2013 Audi A7 (my dd)

thanks Ed for that excellent advice I will ask for sure. Hopefully that won't occur from CA to TX. Yes it really does come down to the individual driver and thats why I hope at least Fed-x might have bit better hiring policy/training for their drivers
    Early 911S Registry #750
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

Auto Transport

I recently used Passport/Transport. I contacted FedEx, which I believe bought out Passport/ Transport. Excellent enclosed transport at a good price. Their as is in Hemmings. I spoke with a guy named John. The number is 1 800 325 4267. My drivers were Dave and Debbie Brewer and they were absolutly perfect. Great experience.
    Bobby Smith

great to hear thanks
    Early 911S Registry #750
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser