Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: '73S for $76K

'73S for $76K

I ran across this on the PCA site.

Fully restored matching numbers correct color non-sunroof coupe.Restoration completed Nov05. The car is as it left the factory. Extensive documentation including certificate of authenticity.Pics available.Jean Ellis at 406-652-8531 or homeyddoc@iwks.net

http://www.pca.org/mart/classifieds....uery=retrieval

Harold #334

Better be loaded with options.
    Carl Bauer - OBP
    1979 RoW 911SC
    1969 Subaru 360 - 1969 Winkelmann WDF1 - 2016 KTM RC390

The ad certainly does nothing to assist with a sale. I think I would be listing some more basic info like build #, engine # etc. listing the options and a link to a lot of pictures.
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

The car is as it left the factory?

How?

It's been restored.

Tom

Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Same car posted on this site.
    Phil

For Sale:
    1973 911S Coupe
    This is a fully restored matching numbers correct color non-sunroof coupe. The car was completely stripped and repainted Mar04. The motor was disassembled and rebuilt Jan02. Machining was done by Ollie's. Tranny was also rebuilt in 04. New Sachs clutch and pressure plate Feb06. Stainless steel heat exchangers. Car has original and uncracked dash. All gauges and the radio are working. The car has a set of period correct factory Recaros that were restored by Autos International. The seats were disassembled and the steel frames bead blasted and powder coated. The padding and strap supports were replaced. The leather panels of the seats have the proper perforation. The rear seats and rear deck are in perfect condition. The tool kit is complete and correct. The original owners manual and maintenance record are in the car. I have receipts on the car through 1978. Pics available on request.
    Jean Ellis 406-652-8531 or homeyddoc@iwks.net

sounds like a great car , but to me "just like it left the factory" means original factory paint and the original factory built engine , never opened

But I understand its salesmanship.....

Quote Originally Posted by southbay356
    But I understand its salesmanship.....
    I don't ... especially not for 76K. That's just foolish money; it doesn't make sense.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

You want foolish money? The joy of ownership has left me...mainly because of LOCAL to me folks who I cannot stand being around. My thoughts lean to destroying my car, in order to keep it out of the hands of these people... People who profess to know the price of everything, yet they know the value of nothing. If I opt to not destroy the car, I'm going to make a sales pitch to a person of my choosing who lives far, far away from me. The price will be wayy below the current market...just what I have in the car, so there will be no worries about capital gains taxes. I trust this person to not "flip" the car. Don't bother calling folks, I'll make the call when/if I decide to rid myself of the car. I do know I'm not in the mood to be attending any clubs events this year. Just too many of these types about for these events to be fun for me anymore.

All that said...I know Jean Ellis and how he cares for his cars. Jean is a class act. I'm sure the price reflects the quality of the restoration, though I don't know his motivation for selling.
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)