Page 94 of 269 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144194 ... LastLast

Thread: 1973 Carrera RS Cars for Sale

Here's an interesting touring RS for sale at Fantasy Junction, asking $749,000.

SN 9113600486
    Engine 6630498

118033.jpg

1973 Porsche 911 Carrera RS 2.7
    s/n 9113600486, Engine number 6630498
    Grand Prix White with Green Script and Black Interior

The legendary Carrera RS is widely regarded to be one of the greatest, if not the greatest roadgoing Porsche ever. Certainly it is one of the most iconic. Its primary purpose was to homologate the car for competition use, which required the construction of a minimum of five hundred examples within twelve months. Eventually, the cars proved to be so popular that the production run was expanded several times, with an eventual total of 1580 cars being built. The cars themselves featured larger more powerful engines, flared rear wheel arches to accommodate wider wheels, numerous deletions and alterations to reduce weight, improved suspension, and a few cosmetic alterations, which together would become the car's trademark. With its distinctive contrasting striping and wheels and the simple and functional 'burzel' or ducktail, the styling of the RS is iconic and trend-setting. The real treat, however, is in the driving. It epitomizes the ultimate Porsche experience with its immense tactility, balance, and nimbleness. Very few cars are as communicative and engaging as a properly set up 911 of this vintage, especially a Carrera RS.

This particular car is a first series so-called “Homologation car”, one of the first 500 built. It has been restored in its original colors of Grand Prix White with green scripts and was originally optioned with sport seats on both sides, an antenna, and sunroof. Its early history is not well known, but it came to the United States with a serviceman who was stationed overseas and brought the car back with him. It’s been in the United States since at least 1985, when it was registered in Texas. The car has been with the current owner for more than 20 years. He bought it at the Porsche dealer in Walnut Creek, California and sent it back to the factory for restoration, which was completed in February of 1996. At this time, the engine and transmission cases were stamped to match the car’s original numbers and supplied with an “Auslieferungsbestätigung,” a delivery confirmation document usually supplied with new cars. When stampings are performed at the factory the number is followed by “AT”, as shown on this car. As part of the restoration works, at the current owner’s request, the car was stripped to bare metal and galvanized on the 993 assembly line, a process which the owner was invited to attend at the factory. According to the owner, the restoration is thoroughly documented with extensive invoices. The car remains very fresh in its presentation, ostensibly, as-new in every way.

The body is excellent, with straight panels and excellent fit. The paint was done to high standards and is nearly unmarked. The chrome and other bright trim are very nice, as are the wheels. The windscreen was not replaced during the restoration and has some marks but no major chips, and is the correct West German Signla which retains its 1985 Texas inspection sticker. The car retains full Touring specification equipment instead of having been partially converted to lightweight like many cars. There are a few details that reflect the date of the car’s restoration at the Porsche factory, including red bar hood crest and black sun visors with mirrors.

The interior is excellent, and original, with sport seats with corduroy inserts which a pleasant and light patina. The Perlon carpets are excellent as is the headliner. The door panels and dashboard are also excellent, with no warping, cracking, or other deterioration to the sometimes sensitive areas. The gauges and switches are in similarly nice condition and the car has a 300kph speedometer. Overall, the interior has a crisp presentation that is consistent with the rest of the car, yet is original in its materials.

The engine compartment has the correct smooth finish to the inner fenders and frame components, a feature that appeared on the first 500 cars only. Both the engine compartment and the engine itself are extremely clean and nicely detailed.

With very few miles logged since the completion of the factory restoration, this RS Touring has the tight and accurate driving experience that a new RS owner would have experienced on the way home from the dealership in 1973.

This is an opportunity to acquire an outstanding example of this legendary car which boasts a Porsche factory restoration. It is faithful to its original configuration, and in immaculate condition above and below. Save for the marvelous original interior, this is a fully rebuilt and refinished turnkey example which will bring much pleasure to its new owner.
    I inspected the car with a few other parolees from the EASY coffee-fest this past Saturday. The Fantasy Junction folks are super friendly and don't mind when a hoard of anal-retentive Porsche nuts start poring over the cars. In fact, they use it as a chance to learn what's right and wrong with their offerings. This one has a few easily correctable flaws, some noted in the description. Other issues include: speaker cover, side mirror, antenna, decklid Carrera RS sticker font, and horns. But the biggest issue is that the PO intentionally had the factory restore it with a new engine case and transmission case. So they are factory stamped, but as replacements. I'm not sure the galvanization is an issue. It could be viewed as a positive.

OTOH, the 73 911 T they are selling with a claimed 26,000 miles looked really nice. I'm no expert, but that one had all the telltales of an original car. Everything looked right. Only negative was the Ziebart treatment it received when new. They are asking $149,000 for that one.
    Jeff Jensen

FS: @Canepa - 1973 Porsche 911 2.7 RS Touring - 0856

You think its price is above the last time this car was listed here and did not sell for US$190,100?
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...l=1#post502545
    -------------------------------------
    1973 Porsche 911 2.7 RS Touring
    VIN: 9113600856
    Engine: 6630820
    Trans: 830828
    Color: Signal Yellow/Black Leather
    Mileage: 39,018
    Price: -

RS1.jpg

RS2.jpg

RS3.jpg

RS4.jpg

RS5.jpg

Dealer Description:

- Documented 2011-13 restoration by Jim Newton's Automobile Associates
    - Numbers matching engine and transmission
    - Porsche Certificate of Authenticity
    -Factory original Signal Yellow paint
    - One of the most highly optioned Carrera RSs ever built
    - Rare electric sliding sunroof
    - Maintenance and restoration records from 1989 to 2016

0856 was registered by its first owner in April of 1973 in Germany. The second German owner purchased the car in 1978. He took it in part exchange for a Carrera 3.0 and stored the car until 1985 in a dry garage. At that time the car had only 58,640km (36,437 miles.) It was taken out of storage completely mechanically and cosmetically restored. In August of 1988 it was appraised in Germany as being in as-new condition.

Sometime between that appraisal and August of 1989 the RS would come to the United States. The next owner of record is James Ladwig of Melrose, Illinois, with maintenance records dating from August 1989 to September 1993. The RS would move into the care of Jeffery Proval, of Chicago, Illinois in October of 1993. Proval would own 0856 for the next 18 years, and, as evidence by a slew of maintenance records, took excellent care of the RS.

In 2011 the RS was acquired by Mark Lunenburg of Farmington, CT and was immediately put in for a complete concours restoration. The two-year process was completed by Jim Newton's Automobile Associates of Connecticut. The extensive receipts show that every element of the car, both mechanical and cosmetic, was immaculately and correctly restored. Returned to its factory-original Signal Yellow paint the car presents exactly as it did in April of 1973.

Earlier this year all this exceptional work was rewarded with a Best in Class win and a Grand Award at the 2016 Concours d'Elegance of Texas.

Since arriving at Canepa the RS has been thoroughly inspected, mechanically serviced and concours detailed.

Beautifully restored, unquestionably correct and extremely well-maintained, this striking example personifies the pure and legendary first expression of Porsche's Rennsport 911 models.

Porsche Factory Options:
    Touring Package
    060 Auxiliary Heater
    102 Heated Rear Window
    258 Head Restraints, left and right
    410 Sportseat, driver's side
    419 Retractable seat belts, left and right
    432 Additional long-range driving lights, iodine, white, above bumper
    454 Blaupunkt Radio 'Cosburg'
    650 Electric Sliding Sunroof
    651 Electric Window Lifts
    Doug Dill

1973 911E Coupe
    PCA #1987109761
    Early 911S Registry #548

What a great color!
    Haasman

Registry #2489
    R Gruppe #722
    65 911 #302580
    70 914-6 #9140431874
    73 911s #9113300709

FS: 9113600091, Carrera RS Touring

I sourced this car from Germany some years back, and it was originally a Swiss-issue car. I had a undercarriage restoration done, since it was black from being undercoated, and also it just needed tidying up. The work was done by the most knowledgeable person I could find, and he did it per original Porsche factory colors, paint amount and locations, fasteners, plating and factory inspector markings. "Correct" was the buzzword of the restoration, and off came the side scripts, since they weren't correct for the car. All the white RSs came with side script, and unless the car was ordered from the factory with the side scripts (very few were), it is incorrect for all other colors of RS to have side scripts. The engine and trans were removed for this work and were detailed before re-installation, using correct fasteners all around.

Being VIN 0091, it is one of the first hundred of the first 500 RSs made. As such it is a thin sheetmetal car, and probably weighs less than a third-series lightweight. It has an older repaint of the original color, Light Yellow. The car has never been hit, as far as we were concerned - during the undercarriage work, there was no evidence of any body damage.

I'm not a big fan of auctions and would like to sell it to a forum member. The car and I live in CO, so please, come on out and look it over. When the weather is nice I definitely take it out for a drive now and then. I believe it has 60K kilometers on the car (pictures coming!), and it comes with a nice toolkit, the Konradscheim RS book, in German, of course, as well as a signed copy of the new Konradscheim book, serial number 0091, thanks, Georg! Also, it has the Owner's Manual with the RS supplement, along with a three-ring binder full of various documents.

I believe it is numbers-matching, but until I can post the pictures, we won't know for sure. Apologies in advance for the lousy pictures. I am "between garages" at the moment, and will provide more pictures when I can get them, which will be soon. If you patronize this forum, you already know what I want for this car - no "reasonable" offer will be refused! Email me with your phone number, thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Always fun to take a trip down memory lane...From Pelican, 13 years ago. Currently, I own #1248, and bought it from this ad. Last I heard, Denson (his handle on this forum) owns the Viper Green one, which was bought off this ad by Wolfturbo (Robb Wolford) YEARS ago....

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...0-mins-go.html

Sweet times.....
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

That does belong back memories. I think I had a hand in both of those deals.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Cabell View Post
    That does belong back memories. I think I had a hand in both of those deals.
    I think you did! Yes sir indeed...
    Bahia Red '72 911S

ES #333

69Sman and Rick,
    For the record the Viper Green Touring RS Touring #1334 changed hands from Denson to me about one year earlier.
    As mentioned, this M-472 is an excellent original Touring.
    Regards
    Doug Brown

Quote Originally Posted by dssbrown View Post
    69Sman and Rick,
    For the record the Viper Green Touring RS Touring #1334 changed hands from Denson to me about one year earlier.
    As mentioned, this M-472 is an excellent original Touring.
    Regards
    Doug Brown
    Good to know! Thanks!! I know a lot about that car....almost bought it.
    Bahia Red '72 911S

ES #333

#410, aren't there at least 2 with this VIN number???
    Bahia Red '72 911S

ES #333