Page 213 of 268 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213214215223263 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,130 of 2676

Thread: 1973 Carrera RS Cars for Sale

Light Yellow: Once again for sale with Serge Heinz...
    VIN: 9113600797

Anyone know much about this one at Serge Heinz ?

Quote Originally Posted by jmldn View Post
    Anyone know much about this one at Serge Heinz ?
    I don’t get why you are asking people on the forum. I dm’d you the contact info of an expert in these cars who deals with them, and knows far more than most of us, yet you never contacted him. You rarely will find a great car by these dealers and asking forum members. If you are serious spending this sort of money seek out the few experts.

An RS Light for sale in Switzerland.
    This car belong to a famous Porsche dealer since a long time. Very good provenance
    Restored about 15 years ago and delivered new by Swiss Porsche dealer in Lausanne (and pilot) André Wicky
    For sale on the biggest website in Switzerland
    Price 980'000 Swiss francs = 894'000 €
    First serie : 91136002XX

https://www.autoscout24.ch/fr/d/pors...ccountid=60235

Just a shame: there is no engine pics…

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the link and information. The name "André Wicky" has caught my attention since I own a 1965 911 (or rather a restoration project) once owned by Wicky. Do you have more information on Wicky? How comes you know that he has owned this RS once? I know that Andre Wicky had a race team (or several race teams) in the same era Jo Siffert, Hans Hermann, Vic Elford, Mario Andretti and many more famous drivers were active.

Thanks,
    Mike

PS: Jack, does "Urelfer" club ring a bell? If yes, we already know each other :-)
    Mike, member #841

Quote Originally Posted by rower View Post
    I don’t get why you are asking people on the forum. I dm’d you the contact info of an expert in these cars who deals with them, and knows far more than most of us, yet you never contacted him. You rarely will find a great car by these dealers and asking forum members. If you are serious spending this sort of money seek out the few experts.
    I posted the EXACT same thing weeks ago.....makes absolutely no sense, UNLESS this person is nothing more that a tire kicker info gatherer....I think we should charge for our advice...
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

Hello Mike,

I had the information about Wicky just reading the advertising I put on my post!

I think he didn't own the car but delivered it as a Porsche dealer in Lausanne (big city on the lake Geneva).

I don't know much about André Wicky himself. He died 5 years ago, almost 88 years old. He has a wikipedia page and you can do some research on the web.

I don't know «Ureifer club» by the way. Sorry

The guy who is selling the RSL own a 3.0 RS and has a lot of vintage Porsche. He got a 2.8 RSR for a while. I'm pretty sure this car is great because he is a maniac about parts and authenticity.

Bye

Jack

Quote Originally Posted by mike66 View Post
    Hi Jack,

Thanks for the link and information. The name "André Wicky" has caught my attention since I own a 1965 911 (or rather a restoration project) once owned by Wicky. Do you have more information on Wicky? How comes you know that he has owned this RS once? I know that Andre Wicky had a race team (or several race teams) in the same era Jo Siffert, Hans Hermann, Vic Elford, Mario Andretti and many more famous drivers were active.

Thanks,
    Mike

PS: Jack, does "Urelfer" club ring a bell? If yes, we already know each other :-)

Registry member# 206 fourteenten's Avatar
    Weird type of one piece door top/card, never seen that but looks quite neat. Doesn't say if the car is original M471 version...

Cees

Registry member# 206 fourteenten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SKM View Post
    Cees,

If you are referring to the lack of the garnish rail on top of the door card, that was the RSH & RSR finish.
    Yes, I always thought there was no horizontal part on the door card and the door rail was covered with that beading as in your picture. Always something new to learn..

Cees

PS M471 had different door cards, just flat and the normal door garnish rail as per M472, so the one piece doorcard/door garnish rail is pretty unique
    Last edited by fourteenten; 03-08-2021 at 05:44 AM. Reason: add info

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    An RS Light for sale in Switzerland.
    This car belong to a famous Porsche dealer since a long time. Very good provenance
    Restored about 15 years ago and delivered new by Swiss Porsche dealer in Lausanne (and pilot) André Wicky
    For sale on the biggest website in Switzerland
    Price 980'000 Swiss francs = 894'000 €
    First serie : 91136002XX

https://www.autoscout24.ch/fr/d/pors...ccountid=60235

Just a shame: there is no engine pics…
    Jack, could this be #0224?

If so, the reason for not showing engine pics could be that the engine has been modified/replaced. I talked to the former mechanic of #0224 on the phone just last week.
    He said he remembers that the car has been converted to a race car sometime in the past (before being in the possession of his client) and as far as he remembers the engine on the car back then was a 3.0l...