Page 80 of 269 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130180 ... LastLast

Thread: 1973 Carrera RS Cars for Sale

Hi Rikard

#1576 was delivered to its first owner on 20/7/1973.

Regards
    Mike
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    73E (home after 25 years) and sold again
    Early S reg. #681

Quote Originally Posted by HughH View Post
    Hi Rikard

you are correct that this is the highest serial number RS. I may not have been the last one built because they were not built in strict order purely due to the production process and there was a yellow RHD one #1560 that came to Australia that was built around about the same time.

can i ask which country it was found in as there was a post about this car, or more accurately its aluminium engine lid, which at least a short time ago (2009) was in the UK. It had apparently been a ducktail delete car and the engine lid together with the rear wiper mechanism had been removed according to this postin the mid 70's and had been on top of the original owners wardrobe for most of the time since. The person who posted bought it and it is still apparent in as new condition

at that time the cars whereabouts was unknown but had last been heard of in trinidad/ tobago
    Hi HughH. Yes, you are correct , it is the car from Trinidad. In Trindad it had 4 owners since imported there in 78 from AFN in London and I bought it from a family that had owned it since 94. The actuall owner was murderd in 2002 but the family kept it in the shed till I bought it. Yes, it is originally a duck tail delet car, do you have a link to the post about the aluminum lid?
    Thanks
    Rikard

Quote Originally Posted by 210bhp View Post
    Hi Rikard

#1576 was delivered to its first owner on 20/7/1973.

Regards
    Mike
    Thanks for the info Mike

here you go

from post 10 http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...nidad%2FTobago

there is at least one other one but i cant find it now

here is the other one
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...rple+aluminium
    Hugh Hodges
    73 911E
    Melbourne Australia

Foundation Member #005
    Australian TYP901 Register Inc.

Early S Registry #776

The original deck lid was bought from the first UK owner by a member of Ddk here in the UK. If you introduce yourself over there and explain about your car you are going to find out quite a bit about it. There could be items from this RS still in circulation amongst Ddk members here in the UK.

Regards
    Mike
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    Early S reg. #681

Great, thanks, let's hope I can trace it down, how can I find Ddk?
    Found it, will introduce myself there, thanks :-)
    Last edited by Rikard; 10-17-2015 at 06:20 AM.

Way to go, You Guys!!!

Welcome to Our Little Corner, Rikard . . . and do keep us posted? Adventures like yours are the best part of coming here

Gotta LOVE this site!

We Can Be Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by LongRanger View Post
    Way to go, You Guys!!!

Welcome to Our Little Corner, Rikard . . . and do keep us posted? Adventures like yours are the best part of coming here

Gotta LOVE this site!
    Thanks LongRanger, look frwarding to spending some time here :-)
    Last edited by Rikard; 10-18-2015 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 210bhp View Post
    The original deck lid was bought from the first UK owner by a member of Ddk here in the UK. If you introduce yourself over there and explain about your car you are going to find out quite a bit about it. There could be items from this RS still in circulation amongst Ddk members here in the UK.

Regards
    Mike
    Hi Mike,

Does Andy B still have it? I clearly remember this part as we both 'duked it out' on eBay for this brightly colored AL rear lid many years ago. I really wanted that part, but Andy wanted it more. Would be very cool to see it reunited with the original RS.

Can't wait to see photos of your RS, Rikard. Please post a few for us please. TIA.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Quote Originally Posted by fryardds View Post
    Hi Mike,

Does Andy B still have it? I clearly remember this part as we both 'duked it out' on eBay for this brightly colored AL rear lid many years ago. I really wanted that part, but Andy wanted it more. Would be very cool to see it reunited with the original RS.

Can't wait to see photos of your RS, Rikard. Please post a few for us please. TIA.
    Hi Brian

Haven't seen you around here too much lately. Miss your input.

Andy I'm sure has sold it but I'm equally sure he knows where it is. There were a lot more bits and pieces from that RS sold at the same time and I know where they are too! Just waiting for Rikard to enter DDk and I think he will be pleasantly surprised at the response.

Regards
    Mike
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    Early S reg. #681