Quote Originally Posted by mbmcrae View Post
Can't speak for others... but I am just looking for a car that is fairly offered and not misrepresented. The car offered by RM Sotheby has a ton of problems and they were asking for $500k (now asking for $485k). Based on the condition etc I think it is worth a lot less. But the Indian Red lightweight in France is asking for $1,000,000+ and that looks to be a fair price.

For people (like me) trying to enter the market, it is confusing and a bit scary given all of the converted chassis, multiple copies of the same VIN, re-stamped numbers, fake paperwork, etc. So you end up being gun-shy to trust the listings and claims. Not to mention touring cars that have various lightweight parts fitted (what does that do for value?). For those that have lived this for a while or already have your car, it may seem like we are just looking for a cheap car. My mind is open but when you add colors and interior on top of the polluted market integrity it means I will be very patient (and appreciate comments or suggestions from those more wise on this forum).
Personally my view of a Touring with Lightweight parts fitted was “how much will this cost to get back to Touring spec” ....have no interest in owning a car that is pretending to be something it isn’t....especially when a car costs what these do.

A Chartreuse Touring with Lightweight parts was for sale for a long time in the UK priced at a premium to a Touring....didn’t sell and eventually was sold via an online auction at the right price for a Touring. The buyer has I believe budgeted to get it back to correct Touring spec.