Page 209 of 269 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211219259 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,090 of 2681

Thread: 1973 Carrera RS Cars for Sale

That is some list.

Quote Originally Posted by thierry View Post
    0192 is my former RS
    was equipped with a non matching RS engine before restoration
    is now matching number after restoration ....
    How convenient

How about 899 ? COA shows yellow but Porsche Register shows blue..

Quote Originally Posted by jmldn View Post
    How about 899 ? COA shows yellow but Porsche Register shows blue..
    I’m tired of / disgusted with all these RS’s with “stories” and people getting taken advantage of.

If you are going to spend the money to buy an RS, make sure you pay the right price and get a great authentic one.

I sent you a private message.

Quote Originally Posted by rower View Post
    I’m tired of / disgusted with all these RS’s with “stories” and people getting taken advantage of.

If you are going to spend the money to buy an RS, make sure you pay the right price and get a great authentic one.

I sent you a private message.
    I TOTALLY agree, but most that are looking, and I suspect this person too, have a 'stories' car budget, and are looking for a perfect, original, Series 1 car....
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

Quote Originally Posted by 69Sman View Post
    I TOTALLY agree, but most that are looking, and I suspect this person too, have a 'stories' car budget, and are looking for a perfect, original, Series 1 car....
    Can't speak for others... but I am just looking for a car that is fairly offered and not misrepresented. The car offered by RM Sotheby has a ton of problems and they were asking for $500k (now asking for $485k). Based on the condition etc I think it is worth a lot less. But the Indian Red lightweight in France is asking for $1,000,000+ and that looks to be a fair price.

For people (like me) trying to enter the market, it is confusing and a bit scary given all of the converted chassis, multiple copies of the same VIN, re-stamped numbers, fake paperwork, etc. So you end up being gun-shy to trust the listings and claims. Not to mention touring cars that have various lightweight parts fitted (what does that do for value?). For those that have lived this for a while or already have your car, it may seem like we are just looking for a cheap car. My mind is open but when you add colors and interior on top of the polluted market integrity it means I will be very patient (and appreciate comments or suggestions from those more wise on this forum).

Quote Originally Posted by 69Sman View Post
    Why do you suspect this ?

Ignore it mate,carry on the good search,but please be carefull,if you want to run anything by me You find ,please do so,only to happy to help.I am in the uk,i would say dont buy at a auction unless you are 100% on what it is,good car are expensive still especially lwt,not so good cars are cheaper but may still be a good car worth spending some effort on.Have you looked at the french rs club.

Quote Originally Posted by mbmcrae View Post
    Can't speak for others... but I am just looking for a car that is fairly offered and not misrepresented. The car offered by RM Sotheby has a ton of problems and they were asking for $500k (now asking for $485k). Based on the condition etc I think it is worth a lot less. But the Indian Red lightweight in France is asking for $1,000,000+ and that looks to be a fair price.

For people (like me) trying to enter the market, it is confusing and a bit scary given all of the converted chassis, multiple copies of the same VIN, re-stamped numbers, fake paperwork, etc. So you end up being gun-shy to trust the listings and claims. Not to mention touring cars that have various lightweight parts fitted (what does that do for value?). For those that have lived this for a while or already have your car, it may seem like we are just looking for a cheap car. My mind is open but when you add colors and interior on top of the polluted market integrity it means I will be very patient (and appreciate comments or suggestions from those more wise on this forum).

Yes, I was like this too. You ultimately get comfortable enough to purchase when you get expert advice. I work with just a few experts, and have seen more than my share of unethical behavior. It takes the fun out. As long as one isn’t looking to pay below market abs knows what a quality example sells for, they are out there. Most are private sales. I sent you a DM.

I posted on another forum when I was looking for a car and got some similar comments. No idea what motivates these kind of comments.