Page 210 of 268 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212220260 ... LastLast
Results 2,091 to 2,100 of 2676

Thread: 1973 Carrera RS Cars for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by mbmcrae View Post
    Can't speak for others... but I am just looking for a car that is fairly offered and not misrepresented. The car offered by RM Sotheby has a ton of problems and they were asking for $500k (now asking for $485k). Based on the condition etc I think it is worth a lot less. But the Indian Red lightweight in France is asking for $1,000,000+ and that looks to be a fair price.

For people (like me) trying to enter the market, it is confusing and a bit scary given all of the converted chassis, multiple copies of the same VIN, re-stamped numbers, fake paperwork, etc. So you end up being gun-shy to trust the listings and claims. Not to mention touring cars that have various lightweight parts fitted (what does that do for value?). For those that have lived this for a while or already have your car, it may seem like we are just looking for a cheap car. My mind is open but when you add colors and interior on top of the polluted market integrity it means I will be very patient (and appreciate comments or suggestions from those more wise on this forum).
    Personally my view of a Touring with Lightweight parts fitted was “how much will this cost to get back to Touring spec” ....have no interest in owning a car that is pretending to be something it isn’t....especially when a car costs what these do.

A Chartreuse Touring with Lightweight parts was for sale for a long time in the UK priced at a premium to a Touring....didn’t sell and eventually was sold via an online auction at the right price for a Touring. The buyer has I believe budgeted to get it back to correct Touring spec.

Quote Originally Posted by 69Sman View Post
    I TOTALLY agree, but most that are looking, and I suspect this person too, have a 'stories' car budget, and are looking for a perfect, original, Series 1 car....

Good luck with the search! Pay up for quality and provenance. Seek expert opinions.
    Last edited by rower; 01-26-2021 at 10:49 PM.

Registry member# 206 fourteenten's Avatar
    If you be allowed to travel again, the GP white/red no. 275 seems a no nonsence car, right amount of patina, even looks like the original Recaro's.
    Just my 2 cnts

Cees

Quote Originally Posted by fourteenten View Post
    If you be allowed to travel again, the GP white/red no. 275 seems a no nonsence car, right amount of patina, even looks like the original Recaro's.
    Just my 2 cnts

Cees
    But the instruments and the fan strap make me suspicious Cees.

Regards
    Mike
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    73E (home after 25 years) and sold again
    Early S reg. #681

Does anyone know the asking price for #275 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Cabell View Post
    Does anyone know the asking price for #275 ?

500,000 Euros...

A couple of things seem out of place on the car.

If anyone is interested, I am tracking ~24 RS's current for sale (most in a document that I can send to anyone in the market right now). I don't guarantee the information is 100% correct but just what can be gleaned from talking with in the space and from the people who are representing the cars.

Quote Originally Posted by fourteenten View Post
    Just my 2 cnts

Cees
    With “ the desirable electric sliding sunroof ”? No RS should have that in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by rower View Post
    With “ the desirable electric sliding sunroof ”? No RS should have that in my mind.
    Very popular on RHD RS's
    Last edited by nickd; 01-28-2021 at 03:23 PM.
    Nick D - Run Flat

1973 RHD 911 Carrera RS #0358 - Fun Car
    2016 Cayenne Diesel - Tow Car
    2017 Macan S - Better Half's Car

1955 356 Speedster SOLD
    1976 911 2.7 SOLD
    2006 Cayman S SOLD
    2006 Cayenne S SOLD
    2008 Carrera S F77 SOLD
    2011 Cayenne S TOTALLED (T-Boned but kept us safe)
    2015 Macan S SOLD
    2015 GT3 - Track Car
    2016 Cayenne SOLD
    2016 Cayenne GTS TOTALLED (Bloody big deer)

Still looking for 1st Edition Carrera RS book #358.

Life is way too short to drive boring cars.

Quote Originally Posted by nickd View Post
    Vey popular on RHD RS's
    My friend has one on his LHD RS, which is a great car in a great color. He’d be annoyed at my statement, but hey if they were designed to be lightweight sporting cars... ��

I wonder if they were added post homologation weighing... I would think so.

Quote Originally Posted by rower View Post
    I wonder if they were added post homologation weighing... I would think so.
    I don't think so.
    The added weight for the sunroof was indicated on the homologation file, #3053.
    See page 12. Added weight is 10.5 kg.

38 kg for AC.