Page 4 of 268 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: 1973 Carrera RS Cars for Sale

Thumbs up Aga Blue 67 at Sloan

anyone know this car?

beautiful color combo...

http://www.sloancars.com/vs1/detail.asp?CarID=281

1966 911 PCA Mart

Not mine, and no affiliation, but thought I'd throw this one out there in case anyone is looking for a project...this was posted on the PCA Mart.

From the ad:

Price is $6500. Miles 90,900. Wide body metal w/whale-tail, Original interior except for new carpet, everything else rebuilt in 1999. Driven about 900 miles since. Garaged/started/driven every few weeks. Burnt a little oil last time out. I believe from sitting. 68 Engine
    Attached Images Attached Images
    911S Registry #837
    1972 911T Sepia

Quote Originally Posted by jcarpio
    Price is $6500. Miles 90,900. Wide body metal w/whale-tail, Original interior except for new carpet, everything else rebuilt in 1999. Driven about 900 miles since. Garaged/started/driven every few weeks. Burnt a little oil last time out. I believe from sitting. 68 Engine
    Did you notice where the car is located? Contact info?
    Doc
    1972 Porsche 911
    2023 Porsche 911 Turbo
    2019 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Racer
    Did you notice where the car is located? Contact info?
    Here's the ad. I always wonder what was done when I see a SWB converted to a widebody. Was the wheelbase modified? Still, at $6500, it could be a deal in disguise. It says it's an "S" but then it also says its a '66. No VIN given. What '68 motor was used, I wonder? Not likely to be a '68S engine, so I am guessing this is another '66 911 that someone thinks is an S because of the heater designation on the aluminum data plate. Too far away for me to chase, though...
    Tom Tweed
    Early S Registry #257
    R Gruppe #232
    Rennlist Founding Member #990416-1164
    PCA National DE Instructor
    Read my surf novel!

Quote Originally Posted by ttweed
    Still, at $6500, it could be a deal in disguise. It says it's an "S" but then it also says its a '66. No VIN given.
    I agree. I am sure it isn't a S (VIN or engine).

But it seems to me that it could be a good PCA track car. It certainly could be a good parts car for a $6500 "ask" price. The whaletail would be the first part to be sold. I am worried about a rust issue.

I'll give him a call. I could have my trailer at his location in one day's drive.

Edit: I called him. He is to send me several pictures by email.

He said the title says it's a 1967. He says the VIN shows it to be a 1966 (VIN = 302496).

It has fiberglass front quarters (:eck. He said the interior was all original except for the carpet. The heater is new and works well.

It's a 5-speed. It has some rust bubbles at the point where the whaletail is attached to the lid (and probably more else where, IMO). He bought it 9 years ago from the owner who did the work you see in the photos.

It smokes after warm-up (rings, I'd guess). I'll follow-up when I get the pictures. I certainly don't need a "project" car but I am a sucker for this kind of black hole.

I know most of you are much more educated in this than I am. It's just that a $6000 +/- early 911 is fascinating to me. I think I can retrieve the car for less than $500 (I own two trailers and a good tow truck). I sold my business so I don't work anymore. Isn't one supposed to spend their retirement years buying early Porsche cars?

OK, here is the oil burning engine:

An engine number:

The car's VIN:

Front:

Rear (yea, it's ugly, but I can fix that):

The rear fenders are steel while the front's are glass. It supposedly has a new suspension under it. It will need an engine rebuild.

And, no, I don't care if you buy it first. Just give me first shot at the Porsche that you may need to sale.

BTW, I live in Georgia. We pay no sales tax on cars purchased from an individual. I can bring this car home and spend $20 for a tag. It's old enough to be exempt from emissions testing.

Please flame away. I owe you a cold beer if you save me the time and trouble (or more if you see something interesting). Thanks.

Vintage,

I could easily see some potential with this SWB. It does look like a project; if it is nice and solid you may (like you said), have a very well priced track car. Those fiberglass bits may sell for some decent money and then you can buy some correct fenders. I do enjoy a risk every now and again but there is nothing better that a PPE though...
    -Andrew
    '72 911E
    '82 931, '92 968, '93 968
    S Reg #1074

1968 Porsche 911 Soft Window Targa $16K Oakland, CA

Not mine and no affiliation. This one is off of craiglist:
    http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/car/496637390.html

Pics available at the above link. Note that this "original" car had it's color changed from Irish Green to Red.

---
    from ad:

Vehicle Description $15K
    This is a great chance to buy an original SWB 911 SOFT WINDOW TARGA Convertible. These cars are hard to come by and most of them do not have original engines, wheels, etc. This car is original and would make a great candidate for restoration or with minimal work a Driver. Please read the description and look at the pictures. I have more pictures if you want them, just let me know. I am selling this for some one else but should you have any questions email me.
    Exterior: This car has been repainted from the original Irish Green, to Red. Paint Code is 6806 This car does have rust as shown in the pictures. There is some in on a fender, floorboards, rockers, one door, etc. It will need a new floorpan. Rear torsion bar tube and area as well as the battery area are in great shape. Also needs front brakes and tires (too old). the previous owner has spray painted the chrome black. the paint removes easily.
    Comes with a nice set of 4 original FUCH's.
    it runs ok.
    911S Registry #837
    1972 911T Sepia

Found by fellow board member Ed Cave (2POINT7)...no affiliation

http://www.sloancars.com/vs1/detail.asp?CarID=281

Here is a rust free 1967 911 Coupe (SWB) that was a California car until 2004. This US model coupe serial number 308073 has the engine s/n of 6273310 on a matching color codes (6608) Aga Blue over a henna leatherette interior. The car has gorgeous new OEM paint in its original color set off by a correct and newly installed interior and carpets. The dash pad and door panels are perfect and are like new. The car is nicely optioned with a ultra rare electric sliding sunroof, tinted glass, gauge package with external temp gauge, 165 x 15 tires with steel wheels, Nardi wood wheel, Bursche exhaust, new stainless heat exchangers, and a fresh rebuild to the Webber carbs .The car just had a major service done last spring. Great looking car that runs and sounds super strong.
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Porsche - There Is No Substitute 2POINT7's Avatar
    Thanks for posting that, Peter. With an asking price of $35.9k this SWB with electric sunroof and drop dead color combo looks, on the surface, like it could be a decent opportunity. I figured someone here may know it or perhaps want it.
    Ed Cave
    Atlanta, GA

Member No. 738

1958 Porsche 356A Sunroof Coupe
    1998 Porsche Carrera S
    2008 Porsche Carrera S (her dd)
    2013 Audi A7 (my dd)