Page 54 of 269 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast

Thread: 1973 Carrera RS Cars for Sale

The engine number of this yellow Lightweight seems not original but restamped

no worry - I mean it is only 1MM + euro - if you want original engine block and correct history requires 2MM euro
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

Hi Vipergruen

Do you know at which occasion J Barth did inspect this car ?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick78 View Post
    Hi Vipergruen

Do you know at which occasion J Barth did inspect this car ?
    The auction description says that mr. Barth inspected the car in august 2014.
    Beside this, I don't know neither the car nor the owner, I only happen to know the first owner
    Andrea
    Early S registry #1082

Quote Originally Posted by vipergruen View Post
    Nice car, but the provenance description is not accurate.
    It was in the hands of the first owner not until 2011 but until february 1974, when it was stolen in Milan.
    I wonder if it's possible to sell a car that was stolen (and never recovered), even if 40 years ago.
    In France at least, if a car is stolen and the owner refund of the value of the car by its insurance, it technically belongs to the insurance company.
    If the car is later recovered, the insurance company owns it and can do whatever it wants with it.
    That is how a director of the company I'm working into had a Testarossa as "company car".
    He was fired later, for others reasons...

But I think that if the owner was not refund, the car still belongs to him, even if recovered years later.

So, in what situation is the first owner of this car, and are the italian laws similar to the french ones?

Uh-oh . . .

. . . I wonder if it's possible to sell a car that was stolen (and never recovered), even if 40 years ago . . .
    . . . thread 'jack, ahead

We Can Be Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by 928cs View Post
    In France at least, if a car is stolen and the owner refund of the value of the car by its insurance, it technically belongs to the insurance company.
    If the car is later recovered, the insurance company owns it and can do whatever it wants with it

So, in what situation is the first owner of this car, and are the italian laws similar to the french ones?
    I'm not a lawyer, but think that laws regarding this matter should be more or less the same.
    The owner was refund by his insurance back then.
    Andrea
    Early S registry #1082

You are probably right. Would be interesting to know when this car reapearded on the market, and the corresponding status at that moment, etc..... .

What we can see is that RM description is silent on all this, or at least has a different story. Plus the fact that the engine stamping is, how to say ? ... strange may be ..., that not all is perfect for this car at least in comparison of its estimate, leaves one uncomfortable. Will be interesting to see how the market react.

The auction description says that mr. Barth inspected the car in august 2014.
    Beside this, I don't know neither the car nor the owner, I only happen to know the first owner
    I am not sure that inspection counts for much nowadays. There are a few questionable reports out there.
    Edward Lovett
    Membership No. 2577
    edwardlovett77@gmail.com

1971 911T - 1 Owner Californian - 50500miles - A real gem - Ivory with Black
    UK RHD 71 2.2S Cpe - 1 of 77 - SOLD
    Italian LHD 73 2.4S Cpe - Very original - Black on Black
    2.7RS Lightweight - A Swiss Car - White with Blue Decals

Looking for a 64 or 65 911, 2.7RST, Very Original 2.4S

Hi,

There seems to be not too many 1974 2.7 Carreras for sale currently.
    What would you think is the current going rate for a nice targa?
    Timo

"There's no point living if you can't feel alive"
    - a few 911s & some others
    Early 911S Registry #3206