Page 97 of 269 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147197 ... LastLast

Thread: 1973 Carrera RS Cars for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by 69Sman View Post
    Brian, you should know....you cannot ask a question like this unless you had YOUR RS on the trip!
    Sadly no RS in Italy for me Stacy. Only a MB SUV rental, but what a place! The Italian Alps are stunning even when driving an SUV or riding a bike.

Our Italian forum members will recognize the Stelvio. Hopefully Cees made up to this area with his Carrera.

Stelvio pass 2.JPG

Stelvio pass.JPG
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Quote Originally Posted by HughH View Post
    Steve the blue car is definitely 0497. here it is when sold at maxted and page in 2010. at that time it was identified as 0497.

Attachment 384209
    Thanks for confirming that chassis number Hugh. I thought you would know for certain.

I prefer car in this colour plain blue without the bling white decals on sides and rear. Also to my taste the black wheels look better but I'd go for 6 and 7s, not size fitted yesterday.

Each to their own however.

Cheers

Steve.
    Last edited by 911MRP; 06-26-2016 at 10:36 PM.

Registry member# 206 fourteenten's Avatar
    Hi Brian,

We went with a group of cars (I was the only Porsche) to the start of the Mille Miglia in Brescia. Drove via Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland to Italy and back via Austria and Germany. Mostly the Swiss Alps and a few passes into Italy. The Stelvio was closed at that time (end of May) but did the Passo del Bernina at which just missed an avalanche, 10 minutes after we passed...Others had to go back and take another pass. Overall a great trip, 3000km!

Cheers,

Cees

The big question now is whether it is 10% cheaper for a $US buyer since last week or whether the GBP price has gone up by 10% - ie these are globally priced assets but where is the price set?
    Hugh Hodges
    73 911E
    Melbourne Australia

Foundation Member #005
    Australian TYP901 Register Inc.

Early S Registry #776

Quote Originally Posted by fourteenten View Post
    Hi Brian,

We went with a group of cars (I was the only Porsche) to the start of the Mille Miglia in Brescia. Drove via Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland to Italy and back via Austria and Germany. Mostly the Swiss Alps and a few passes into Italy. The Stelvio was closed at that time (end of May) but did the Passo del Bernina at which just missed an avalanche, 10 minutes after we passed...Others had to go back and take another pass. Overall a great trip, 3000km!

Cheers,

Cees
    Wow 3000 KM, well done Cees! Very cool, those cars we saw were part of your group. How great would it have been if we would have met up with you. Sounds like a fantastic event. Glad to hear you missed the Avalanche.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

A reliable source indicated a selling price of approximately £800k.

Nice to hear of your road trip Cees. Did you see the Ddk thread on my road trip to Sicily for the Targa Florio Revival (which you couldn't come on due to the clash of dates)? 4500 kilometer round trip from Scotland in my RS. I met the guy who owned the Palermo dealership who sold my RS new. He also happened to win the penultimate Targa Florio in a Chevron (which coincidentally was built in Bolton 20miles from my place of birth).

Interesting roads, great place, packed full of Targa history, nice people and real petrol heads. I had a fabulous time chatting to Armando and pouring over the history of my car. He was a real gent and seemed so pleased to see the RS with his dealership sticker in the rear window.

Sadly the full Targa circuit is in poor repair in parts and has been washed away completely in a landslide at one point. Plans are underway to repair the whole circuit but I get the impression there is little money to complete the job. The old pits are still there so couldn't resist a blast through at full chat.

Regards
    Mike
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    73E (home after 25 years) and sold again
    Early S reg. #681

Steve

I thought it was over the top but, rightly or wrongly, the factory restoration has possibly blinded someone to the deal.

Regards
    Mike
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    Early S reg. #681

4500km and 3000km trips! You guys are studs. I'm seriously impressed.
    Jeff Jensen

Registry member# 206 fourteenten's Avatar
    Jeff, the more you drive it the better the RS feels. These cars are no good sitting in garage...Great story Mike, I still need to plan a trip to Milano and find the first two Italian owners of 1410.

Cheers,

Cees

Steve

Very occasionally in London. Maybe once or twice a year. I will keep it in mind.

Cees

You are right. The car really responds to a long run.

Jeff

When you live in Scotland it's miles to anywhere! However, we do have some of the best 'early 911' roads in Europe.

Regards
    Mike
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    Early S reg. #681