Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Do Some Of You Think That A 911 Being Very Valuable Is Bad ??

Why Do Some Of You Think That A 911 Being Very Valuable Is Bad ??

I AM AFRAID THAT I AM FROM THE GROUP THAT FEELS THAT CAPITALISM IS GOOD!!

"GREED IS GOOD!" A QUOTE!

I LOVE EARLY PORSCHES! (356+911) I HAVE MANY THAT I HAVE RESTORED TO NEARLY 100% ORIGINAL! THEN VERY CAREFULLY I TAKE THEM OUT AND RACE AND BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF THEM PUSHING THEM TO THE LIMIT ( AND OFTEN PAST) AGAINST OTHER PORSCHE GUYS AT SOME OF THE EVENTS.. GOING SIDEWAYS AT 80-90 MPH UP A TIGHT MOUNTAIN ROAD IS WHAT OWNING A PORSCHE IS ALL ABOUT AND WHAT A PORSCHE WAS BUILT TO DO!

IF SOMEONE ELSE LIKES YOUR TOYS ( WE NOT DISCUSSING LIFE AND DEATH OR NECESSITIES) AND WILL PAY ALL OF THE MONEY TO GET THEM ISNT THAT GOOD??

MY OCEAN FRONT HOME IN MALIBU COST ME A WHOPPING $535K IN 1987..

MY HOME IS NOT FOR SALE!.. BUT I PERSONALLY ENJOY CONSTANTLY GETTING RIDICULOUS OFFERS IN THE MULTI MILLION DOLLAR RANGE! IT IS GREAT TO KNOW IF I GET SICK OR DIE THAT THERE IS A TON OF MONEY SITTING HERE ( IN CARS AND REAL ESTATE) FOR MY FAMILY..

PLUS PEOPLE THINK THAT I WAS A GENIOUS FOR BUYING MALIBU PROPERTY AND OLD PORSCHES..

TRUTH IS I JUST LIKED THE BEACH AND GOING FAST AND I GOT LUCKY..

IF THE PROPERTY GOT WASHED AWAY THEN THEY WOULD SAY "WHAT A MORON HE BOUGHT PROPERTY TO CLOSE TO THE OCEAN!"

EVERY TIME I SEE A 356 SPEEDSTER SELL FOR $75-$100K I SMILE! I HAVE 2 SPEEDSTERS, 5 EARLY 911 AND A DINO SPYDER THAT I BOUGHT IN THE 1980s.. I THINK THAT IT IS GREAT THAT I PICKED CARS THAT OTHERS LIKE, THAT ARE VERY COLLECTIBLE AND ARE INVESTMENTS!

WHAT IF I LIKED STUDEBAKERS? THEN MAYBE I COULD SAY, WHEN I SOLD IT "I ONLY LOST $7,500 AFTER THE RESTORATION..BUT OWNING IT WAS FUN".. FUN TO ME IS A BIG POT OF GOLD AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW!

ONLY AN IDIOT WOULD NOT LOVE TO LEARN THAT THEIR POSSESIONS OR TOYS HAVE INCREASED IN VALUE.. SOME OF YOU WOULD NOT LIKE TO LEARN THAT SOME FREAKY PAINTING THAT YOU BOUGHT FOR $25 IN 1973 IS A GENUINE PICASSO?

I KNOW SOME OF YOU GUYS WOULD SELL THE PAINTING FOR WHAT YOU PAID JUST TO AVOID THE TAX LIABILITY..(NOT!)

I REPEAT THIS IS NOT LIFE AND DEATH OR NECCESITIES LIKE FOOD, A ROOF OVER YOUR HEAD OR MEDICINE..

THESE ARE CAPITALIST TOYS, LUXURY ITEMS! THAT ONLY A TRUE CAPITALIST WOULD OWN!!

SORRY COMRADE ITS OFF TO SIBERIA FOR ME! A CAPITALIST!!.. IM GUILTY AS HELL!!

ONE GUY SAID HE WOULD DESTROY HIS CAR RATHER THEN LET SOME ELSE "FLIP IT FOR A PROFIT"

IF YOU WANT TO DESTROY YOUR 911 GREAT!.. THATS ONE LESS EARLY 911 MAKING MINE MORE RARE AND WORTH MORE $$!

Well said and you are a genius for buying Malibu or any Oceanfront for that matter.....

Don

If you can buy with your heart and sell with your brain you have done well.
    Phil

"ONE GUY SAID HE WOULD DESTROY HIS CAR RATHER THEN LET SOME ELSE "FLIP IT FOR A PROFIT"

- He must be a real commie pinko.

- The reason is we have our little world made up of people who love the cars for what they are, not for how much money they can make by selling them.

- Try using the shift key on your keyboard...

Defender of the Normal John Fusco's Avatar
    I'm not sure where you are getting the idea that no one here is happy to see the prices going up - We are the ones that point out that Excellence is under valuating these cars.
    I think, mostly in jest , that it is too bad that they are getting too expensive for some of us to think of owning them.
    We can't all be as lucky or as rich or as beautiful as you.

By the way , sorry - GREED ISN'T GOOD, NEVER WAS AND NEVER WILL BE.

John

Du must schwein haben

901/05 #305701

Bultaco Metralla 62 M8
    1968 BMW R69S

Early911SReg #606

The only reason I don't like to see these cars escalate in value is because people my age (25) are being priced right out of the market.

However, since I own one of these cars - and am in the fortunate position of working on them for a living - I will DEFINITELY own multiple others in time; I guess that makes me exempt from the above statement.

I just think the "increasing value" issue is a fortunate byproduct of owning something really cool that other people want. Especially one with such a penchant for tire-boiling oversteer.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Go through your life greedy and you will wake up one day to realize you missed out on your entire life. Greed isn't a good way to live life, it's a permanent state of dissatisfaction.

Gburner
    In the last couple of years the early 911s have increased in value.
    As an investment makes no difference to me as my well being (like most others) does not depend on my 911s value.
    But the down side is to some they may become too valuable to drive on the track, seen more as accessories in an ultimate garage or parked in shows.
    I sold my street rods because I didn't want to power park with all the fat balding beer drinking street rodders kicking tires and telling lies .
    Hopefully the early 911s regardless of value will never be reduced to parking lot static displays and as in past forever be driven as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Gburner
    I sold my street rods because I didn't want to power park with all the fat balding beer drinking street rodders kicking tires and telling lies.
    I'm not fat ...
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

The 911 Is Never Going To Be To Valuable To Race..

THEY BUILT WAY TO MANY 911s FOR THEM EVER BE TO VALUABLE TO RACE.. THE BUILT LITERALLY THOUSANDS OF THEM AND MANY ARE ALREADY RACE CARS...

GUYS STILL RACE RS-550 SPYDERS TOTAL PRODUCTION AROUND 60, THE 904, 906, 935 AND EVEN 917s ARE BEING RACED..

GUYS ARE RACING MULTI MILLION DOLLAR FERRARI 250 GTO AND THEY ONLY BUILT 39 OF THEM..I RACED MY 427 COBRA(CSX 3127) AGAINST OTHER 427 COBRAS WITH A TOTAL PRODUCTION OF ONLY 356 427 COBRAS..

THE FACT THAT THE EARLY 911 ARE INCREASING IN VALUE DEFINATELY HAS A MAJOR IMPACT ON THEM BEING SAVED!

I KNOW GUYS WHO CUT UP ALMOST ALL THE EDGY 912s THEY GET FOR PARTS FOR USE ON 911s.. IF THE 912 HAD ANY REAL VALUE THEY WOULD ALL BE SAVED..

HOW MANY OF YOU GUYS WOULD INVEST IN THE COMPLETE RESTORATION OF A 914?

THERE IS NO POINT!!..IT WILL COST YOU LITERALLY $12-$15,000 TO RESTORE AND YOU WILL END UP WITH THE NICEST $4,500 914 IN TOWN..

AGAIN THE FACT THAT THE EARLY 911 HAS BECOME COLLECTIBLE AND VALUABLE HAS DEFINATELY HELPED SAVE MANY THAT WERE DESTINED TO BECOME PARTS CARS!..

PLUS THERE IS ALSO A MAJOR INCENTIVE FOR THE FACTORY AND OTHERS TO START TO SUPPLY OBSOLETE PARTS FOR THE 911 BECAUSE MOST PEOPLE WILL ONLY INVEST IN A COMPLETE RESTORATION OF A CAR THAT HAS AT LEAST SOME POTENTIAL FOR RECOVERY OF THE RESTORATION COSTS WHEN SOLD..

AND WE ALL KNOW HOW MUCH TIME AND THE HUGE $$ EXPENSE THAT IT TAKES FOR A CORRECT SEMI RESTORED 911..

ASSUMING YOU HAVE A 911 (A GOOD STRAIGHT SOLID DRIVER) THAT NEEDS A FRESHING UP (NOT A CONCOURS RESTORATION) AND A MECHANICAL REBUILD IT WILL EASILY COST $20,000-$25,000! AND WILL TAKE ABOUT A YEAR IF YOU ARE LUCKY!

EXAMPLE,
    ENGINE-$8,000-$14,000..(BASIC REBUILD-P/C, BEARINGS, MFI PUMP)
    TRANS-$1,200-$1,800 .. (BASIC REBUILD NO MAJOR PARTS!)
    BODY- $2,500-$3,000 (STRAIGHT CAR NO ACCIDENTS/MAJOR RUST)
    SUSPENSION-$1,200-1,500
    PAINT-$4000-$8,000..
    RUBBER-$600-$1200..(CHECK THE PRICE OF TARGA RUBBER!)
    INTERIOR-$2,000-$5,000.. (VINYL INTERIOR NO DASH/DOOR POCKETS)
    PLUS (SHOCKS,TIRES,BUSHINGS, BATTERIES, LIGHTS ECT) $2,500-$4,000

IF YOU WANT ACCESORIES?? EASILY ADD $$2,500-5,000!

SPORT SEATS-$2,500-$5,000
    GRILL LIGHTS - $750-$1000
    LEATHER WHEEL-$250-450
    PLASTIC TANK-$2,500-4.500
    ALUMINUM DECK-$750-2,500
    LEATHER SEATS-1,200-1,500
    7" WHEELS $800-$3,000
    H1 HEAD LIGHTS $600-$900

THE FACT THAT AT THE END THE IS A POT OF GOLD (IF RESTORED CORRECTLY) WITH-OUT A DOUBT WILL INSURE THAT THER WILL ALWAYS BE NICE EARLY 911s AROUD IN THE FUTURE!

THE FACT THAT MANY CANT AFFORD A PORSCHE IS NOTHING NEW!!

A PORSCHE HAS ALWAYS BEEN RIDICULOUSLY PRICED AND OUT OF REACH FOR MOST PEOPLE..

HOW MANY OF YOU COULD HAVE EVER AFFORDED A NEW PORSCHE? EVEN IN THE 1970s?, the 1980s?, the 1990s? CAN YOU AFFORD A NEW PORSCHE 997 TODAY??