Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: RGruppe Event, What a blast

RGruppe Event, What a blast

Just rolled through the door and could not believe that no one had started a thread about the event. I already washed my car, Rain all the way from Medford, my Wife is in Palm Springs so I have nothing else to do but look back on the weekend.

What a blast. Can you say hauling ass. I have never had that much fun on public roads. (We were very safe!!?).

I followed behind Chuck Miller for 2 days. Wow, he sets a pace I will never forget. What a gruppe and what a great time.

Tom Fender in his 67s up my ass all the way down there. Who new what a totally stock 67s could do. Ran with the lead pack all week.

Kenik, how about a Menthol? Thanks for the helping me grow that great headache, That drive would not have been the same without it.

It was great to put some Registry names to faces. People don't look anything like there registry name.

Chris, that leaf green E is the coolest color in camp. Thanks for the beer run. Looking forward to Emery's. We will find you an Oregon road or two.

To both of you Aussies. I will be thinking of you. ( they know what I mean) It was great to get too know the boy's down under. Good luck, and have a speedy trip home.

Anybody seen Rob Wolford??? Thanks Rob Wolford for the MC. You must have taken that class in College. Sorry we missed you the night before. I still owe you dinner.

Jeff Smith's car was a work of art, along with so many others. I had no idea that the cars would be of such great quality and personalization.

Oregon, nice work. I think we enlightened the world about the advantages of the 3.8 Rammer.

Barrett Smith, The howl from that turbo needs to be made into a ring tone. I think I spent at least 10 hours enjoying it at every shift.

FYI....... MFI cars stink and give you a terrible headache. They also make your hair smell in the shower the next day.

Earl and Randy Have fun at the track. Thanks for setting a torrid pace all week.

Randy Wells, what a great tour, He is the man. I hope you have the time to lead us down next year. Looking forward to some great events this summer.

I think Jeff Gamroth went back to that road for another try. He could have improved his tour time by at least 2 or 3 seconds.

Rodger, Thanks for the effort.

That is about 1/3 of what I was going to share. Seeing that many cool cars in one place with that many great guys has worn me out.

See ya next year.

Hey Joe,

couldnt agree more.

Thanks for yr thoughts am at LAX now waiting to jump a plane home to be with the family.

Lets talk on email soon.
    Phil Lack
    Early 911-S Registry # 690
    R-Gruppe # 367
    Past President: Australian TYP901 Register Inc. # 0002

2.0 '66 911R : sold
    2.0 '68 911S : sold
    2.4 '72 911E coupe original Aubergine
    2.4 '72 911E :sold
    2.4 '72 911T : sold
    3.6 '94 993 :sold
    3.6 '97 993 C2S :sold
    '01 Ferrari 360 sold
    '15 CLA250 Benz
    '12 BMW 1M coupe (OMG!)

Hi Joe, Earl and I are in a hotel in Palo Alto and laughing up a storm. What a great week! We went to Laguna and watched the Grand Am race today. We are glad everyone had a great time and nobody bent their car..

It was great to meet you and everyone else, including Curt Egerer and Clyde Boyer. Thanks to Roger and everyone else for all their hard work. Rob Wolford was just great. Special thanks to Chuck Miller and Dane Burns for leading tours and setting the pace for awhile!

You PacWest guys are really something special. What an amazingly enthusiastic group with some of the best looking cars anywhere. Earl and I are very proud of you all. Cheers for now!!
    Randy Wells
    Automotive Writer/Photographer/Filmmaker
    www.randywells.com/blog
    www.hotrodfilms.com

Early S Registry #187

Pictures gotta start with the 17,000km RSR -
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    John Gray

70 old air
    86 middle air
    95 new air

Quote Originally Posted by a911s
    Hi Joe, Earl and I are in a hotel in Palo Alto and laughing up a storm. What a great week! We went to Laguna and watched the Grand Am race today. We are glad everyone had a great time and nobody bent their car..

It was great to meet you and everyone else, including Curt Egerer and Clyde Boyer. Thanks to Roger and everyone else for all their hard work. Rob Wolford was just great. Special thanks to Chuck Miller and Dane Burns for leading tours and setting the pace for awhile!

You PacWest guys are really something special. What an amazingly enthusiastic group with some of the best looking cars anywhere. Earl and I are very proud of you all. Cheers for now!!
    I should have joined you!!! I had no use to rush home. Oh well Tom, Barrett, Gram and I had a boring non Randy Wells drive home. Oh well all is good. Only 2 rock chips??? pretty hard to believe with all the boulders flying around.

Keep me posted on your up coming events. I would love to be a part of them.

Tell Earl that we need to pin down Smith on the door panels he promised you. After seeing that RSR I have to have a set for next year.

Enjoy the track day.

Yellow turbo - hands down winner - Most Evil Sounding category
    John Gray

70 old air
    86 middle air
    95 new air

Horse Power!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the pictures.

I thought I got enough of this. My wife thinks I have a problem. I do have a problem. At least it is fairly harmless.

Post more...

If you get a chance E mail me what you have. My camera filled up at 40 pictures. Those were gone before the event even started.

Joe@muticonst.com

Sears Point and Bodega Bay -

Tell your wife it's only a problem if you don't attend your regular therapy sessions and counseling workshops with your, uh, support group. Works for me. The best therapy session was Saturday morning and I think the shopping cart in the motel parking lot was the most attended counseling workshop this year. I'll be happy to send you what I have. Editing through them now and sizing some for posting.
    John Gray

70 old air
    86 middle air
    95 new air

A few of the cars in the lunch break parking lot at Bodega Bay -
    John Gray

70 old air
    86 middle air
    95 new air

Kermit Lied