Thread: Rear Suspension Question

Rear Suspension Question

I see in the PET that the rear suspension bananas are numbered differently between the 71 and 72....is there really a difference there of any note???? Would the 72 rear suspension fit right in the 71 without mods? I'm thinking of restoring the POS parts car suspension components for an upcoming project.
    Paul Schooley
    71 911T (RS wanabe w/2.7L juice)
    S Reg #863
    R Gruppe #330

Don't remember, but I recall that there's some very good threads on Pelican that deal with this.
    Bill G.

1968 911 Ossi Blue coupe...full restoration in process
    Done: Engine; transmission; suspension; gauges; wheels; rust repair & primer; brakes; paint
    In progress: electrical; the tedious, endless, horrible fastener sorting/plating
    EarlyS #718 | RGruppe #437

Rear trailing arms.

Hello: You can put the rear trailing arms from any of the 911 long wheelbase cars onto that 71 car. The part number difference you are looking at maybe for a car with rear sway bar and without. The sway bar cars have a ball end welded to the trailing arm. Hope this helps. Thanks Eric

Thanks Eric...my 72 parts car setup has the swaybar mounts along with the swaybars front and rear. I'm planning on using both. The goal is to restore my components to suit my needs first and then put them into a tub which I plan on seam welding and hanging a dumptruck full of 'glass on. Of course, like all good adventures of this nature, the plan will change as it evolves somewhat so I'm allowing for that but I needed to answer some of these basic questions first so I don't find out the hard way after...hehe.
    Paul Schooley
    71 911T (RS wanabe w/2.7L juice)
    S Reg #863
    R Gruppe #330