Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Julian Classic Motoring Show 5-28

Julian Classic Motoring Show 5-28

The Julian Classic Motoring Show will be May 28th. Several of us went last year and had a great time. It is held at the Menghini Winery. The featured Marque will be Italian Racing and Sportscars. Last year the show benefited the Julian Firefighters.
    http://julianclassic.com/index.html

We stayed at a GREAT Bed and Breakfast, Orchard Hill Country Inn.
    http://orchardhill.com/

Any one interested??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255
    '70 911 S Coupe 2.9 w/MFI Twin Plug "Flairs n Chairs"
    '72 911 S Targa 2.4 w/MFI

reservations made

I went online, made my reservations for Orchard Hill. There is a 2 night minimum for the weekend. It REALLY is a great bed and breakfast.
    The Julian Car Show is one of the better ones.

There are several other couples who have made their reservations.
    Anyone else?

Come out just for the day, the town of Julian is incredible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255
    '70 911 S Coupe 2.9 w/MFI Twin Plug "Flairs n Chairs"
    '72 911 S Targa 2.4 w/MFI

Quote Originally Posted by RC70SCoupe
    I went online, made my reservations for Orchard Hill. There is a 2 night minimum for the weekend. It REALLY is a great bed and breakfast.
    The Julian Car Show is one of the better ones.

There are several other couples who have made their reservations.
    Anyone else?

Come out just for the day, the town of Julian is incredible.
    Cheri and I will be there, and so will Duane and Charlie, Don and Carol. There are still a few rooms left, as Ray said, it is a real nice place and a real cool event.
    S Registry #265
    R Gruppe #224

I will attend...

...If I can have the wine box.

Barbara will be in Palm Springs. I really do have a girlfriend...really.

Shawn.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    67 coupe roller
    99 M96 2.5 litre
    early911s reg 447
    R Gruppe 399

Will Make This One!

Hi Ray,

Thanks for posting the Julian, Anngel and I will make this one. Be sure to make the Saturday night reception at the winery!

OK local P car people, this is a cool event and a good chance to make a good Porsche showing!

See you there,
    Andy Baugh
    RGruppe #48

This Weekend!

My wife and I will be attending and are staying at the Orchard Hill Country Inn as recommended by Eade.

Although their policy is generally a two-night minumum on the weekends, they will book you a room for one night on Saturday if they have another guest showing up with a reservation that starts on Sunday.

That's what they did for us and all you have to do is call and ask. If anybody is interested, their number is 800-716-7242, www.orchardhill.com.

Also, I'm sure if it's this late in the week, they would rather book a room for one night than none at all.

Hope to see a lot of early P-cars and owners there, and get the chance to meet some of you.

Cheers,
    J-P
    S Registry #949

Julian

See you there today. The winery pre party starts at 5:00pm tonight
    Anyone wanting to drive up for the day on Sunday, the show is from 11-3pm, should be fun.
    S Registry #265
    R Gruppe #224

back home...

great trip. Great people and cars. I left early...sorry for missing the Goodbye's...household emergency. Thanks Bob Smith for the use of your cell phone.

Don Murray's 1963 Ferrari SuperAmerica should take best of show. My God! That is a Beautiful Car. Nice move Duane, Don's car just needed a move foreward a few feet...to be seen better. The Hyatts brought thier super sweet black 1960 356 Roadster...drool!

Ray Crawford drove and showed his Olive 1972 911S Targa...I want that car. The properly documented and complete history of that car is rather short...no one ever drove it

I met Andy and Anngel Baugh. Great Gal with a Surfer Dude that kept me laughing all weekend. Sweet little 73S coupe that got them there. Eade and Cheri drove thier cars. A Mexico Blue 997 coupe with a super pretty Gal at the wheel...Oh, Eade drove some sort of loud wide fendered green car. I was looking at the blue car and driver mostly.

I drove my truck to the event. : (

The Best Part of the Weekend was that Charlie Hyatt is alive and well again. She was going shopping when I saw her last in Jullian Cal. She must be OK then.

Thats all I have for now. Shawn.
    67 coupe roller
    99 M96 2.5 litre
    early911s reg 447
    R Gruppe 399

Sam

Self anointed Head of the SSSP
    ( Super secret seat police )
    our motto is : if you've got a bug up your ass, we put it there

67S polo red 307958S (gone but not forgotten )
    87 factory turbolook Lagoon green metallic ( G50 O'yeah )

Sam

Self anointed Head of the SSSP
    ( Super secret seat police )
    our motto is : if you've got a bug up your ass, we put it there

67S polo red 307958S (gone but not forgotten )
    87 factory turbolook Lagoon green metallic ( G50 O'yeah )