Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wevo products

wevo products

Looking for collective wisdom on anyone who has experience with the new wevo motor mounts? Compared to the old fashioned solid metal ones - big improvementfor carb cars? Additionally, there was a post last year( that I cannot find) about a prototype wevo product that was an adjustable rear spring plate for torsion bar cars that incoporated many improvements over the sway-away product. Did this product ever happen?

Thanks guys.

The WEVO engine mounts are a very good product, they work very well without transferring much in the way of harshness, noise or vibration. In fact you would barely know they were fitted, except for the lack of movement in the engine, a better feel in gear shift and clutch operation.
    The spring plates are available, as yet I have only seen pics but they look great.

Are these spring plates available? They look awesome.

The spring plates have been available for a while. I know a few people running them on their street and race cars. You should call WEVO and talk to Hayden.
    I've been using the motor mounts for over a year in our '75 Carrera race car and recently put a set on our '79 930.
    Harold #334

Engine mounts.

Hello: The Wevo stuff is first class! All of there products work great and never had a problem with any of it. Saying that you can also use solid mounts with stock mounts. I've used solid mounts in the back on early cars and the stock mounts in the front at the transmission. On the later cars I've used stock rear mounts and the solid ones on the trans mount. These work with carbs just fine and make shifting easier. Thanks Eric

Quote Originally Posted by RPMClassic
    Are these spring plates available? They look awesome.
    They certainly are,.... We usually have them in stock all the time.

I have them on my own car and its an excellent product,....
    Steve Weiner
    Rennsport Systems
    Portland Oregon
    E-mail: porsche@rennsportsystems.com
    http://www.rennsportsystems.com

How much maintenance do they require?

And are they an advantage on a street car?

Quote Originally Posted by 37yrold911
    How much maintenance do they require?

And are they an advantage on a street car?
    They do not require any on-going maintenance since they use sealed ball and roller bearings.

These are intended for track & race cars, but they do offer a VERY supple ride thats better than OEM rubber and even smoother than Chuck's poly-bronze ones.

Whether they are an advantage or not really depends on the rest of the suspension upgrades and how the car is to be used & driven.
    Steve Weiner
    Rennsport Systems
    Portland Oregon
    E-mail: porsche@rennsportsystems.com
    http://www.rennsportsystems.com

Are they noisy for street cars (as in squeaky)?
    Paul Schooley
    71 911T (RS wanabe w/2.7L juice)
    S Reg #863
    R Gruppe #330