Thread: A Sad Day...

A Sad Day...

Its a sad day for me. I just sold my first early 911. The 1969 911T 2.9 RGruppe car that got me into this mess with you guys just left my driveway.

I do have my 73S to console me, though that was the reason the white car had to go in the end. Despite many protestations from fellow RGruppers in Santa Rosa, I really didn't need two early 911s.

Fortunately it went to one of my best friends so it stays in the family and was sold with the caveat that I had first refusal at his purchase price should he wish to part with it. Somehow I don't that will happen to fast.

Its a good car and there were pangs of regret seeing it (damn it looked good) on the road while I followed him driving it to his house.

Like I said a sad day....
    Cheers,

Steve

Early 911S Registry #791
    R Gruppe #404

69 911T Ivory White 2.9 "RGruppe'd" (SOLD)
    72 911T Silver RS Replica SOLD
    73 911S Silver 2.7 "Flares and Chairs" SOLD

Hey Steve, I guess it's time again to look for a replacement ! The hunt is always half the fun !

brgds

Building or buying another hot rod is easier than finding a nice S.
    Phil

Hello: You can never have too many early 911's. Don't let my wife see this! I get my enjoyment out of building these cars up and driving them then seeing the next person do the same. I only sell the cars to people who will drive them and have fun with them. It is when people buy these cars and they sit for sometimes years that I don't like. I have couple of customers like that. They drive the car after I get it running again for maybe a month then it sits again. Oh well at least your car went to a good home. Thanks Eric

I understand your feelings about seeing your beauty go. As consolation, you may want to go another route and buy a nice clean (and relatively cheap) 914 and build that up into a flat 6 hot rod. In that way you don't have to feel bad about multiple 911s (sorry Eric and you will have a car with a very different feel, but very familiar sounding engine. "Gee honey, its only a 914."

I have to confess loving to drive mine on nice days with the roof off.
    71 914 3.0, 82 SC, ESR 376, RG 307

"The problem with the world is, the ignorant are cock-sure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertram Russell

The peer pressure around here isn't a good thing.

Joey, you are part of the problem! ;-)

Phil, agreed, thats why I bought the S when Joey made it available.

Eric, Joey can attest to the fact that my cars get driven. The S is sitting in my office lot right now. And my 69 did go to someone who'll use it.

The thought is to build myself a hot rod. The S is something I plan on keeping for a while--I look at it more as an "Executive RS." But there's a spot for another long hood in my driveway, I want something more hard edged in the future.

Having spent some time now in this fraternity I've got some ideas and in a couple of months I'll start putting it together. I already know of a good 72 that will make a nice base, and I'm keeping my ear to the ground for a motor....

Thanks for the support, guys!
    Cheers,

Steve

Early 911S Registry #791
    R Gruppe #404

I saw the same day a couple of months ago. On to better things is what I say! And, yes, you still have the '73 S. I have nada.

A 914? BTDT. 911, baby! All the way. (just my .02)

I have the Motor

Quote Originally Posted by creator8
    The peer pressure around here isn't a good thing.

Joey, you are part of the problem! ;-)

Phil, agreed, thats why I bought the S when Joey made it available.

Eric, Joey can attest to the fact that my cars get driven. The S is sitting in my office lot right now. And my 69 did go to someone who'll use it.

The thought is to build myself a hot rod. The S is something I plan on keeping for a while--I look at it more as an "Executive RS." But there's a spot for another long hood in my driveway, I want something more hard edged in the future.

Having spent some time now in this fraternity I've got some ideas and in a couple of months I'll start putting it together. I already know of a good 72 that will make a nice base, and I'm keeping my ear to the ground for a motor....

Thanks for the support, guys!
    Projects................ What fun.

I have a great power plant. brand new 3.2 with motronic injection, cams. etc... and a trick gear box all brand new. It s the cheapest way to get real close to 3.8 power. It is a blast to drive.

PM with any interest.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by VIper Green E
    Projects................ What fun.

I have a great power plant. brand new 3.2 with motronic injection, cams. etc... and a trick gear box all brand new. It s the cheapest way to get real close to 3.8 power. It is a blast to drive.

PM with any interest.

Good luck
    Aaaaaaahhh. Stop!

PM Sent!
    Cheers,

Steve

Early 911S Registry #791
    R Gruppe #404

So many engines.

Hello: I have a better engine idea. Euro 3.2 with TWM throttle bodies and mechanical fuel injection with some big cams and short gearbox with 7 inch rear wheels. You could also do PMO carbs as well or EFI. Or maybe my favorite engine the short stroke 3.2 that will rev to 8000 rpm. So many engine choices that you could use. Note from above, I also have a 914 that will see a 6 conversion soon. Thanks Eric