Thread: early 911 on Heineken Beer commercial!!

early 911 on Heineken Beer commercial!!

I was watching the Dal vs. Phx NBA finals last night and a Heineken commercial aired that had a guy pulling out of a sepia brown early 911 who delivers a case of Heineken beer. The early 911 had bondo on the sills!?! And also had regular flat seats. I am guessing that this car is a 72' T. Definately not a 73' because of all the chrome, but couldn't be pre-1972 because sepia brown was first offered in 1971 or earlier I believe, so this is what makes me think it is a 1972.

The best part was when he shut the door. You can clearly hear in the commercial that slam of a true 911!!

I will try to search for the commercial on the internet and post it.

Erick

Best beer commercial I have seen in awhile...for obvious reasons.
    Sepia ?? What on earth was Heineken thinking ?
    1973 911E Viper Green
    2021 Spyder PTS Signal Yellow
    2019 Carrera T Racing Yellow
    2008 Boxster S Ltd. Ed Orange
    2007 911 GT3 Meteor Grey

@Type911 instagram
    RGruppe #295
    Zuffenhausen secret weapon

Quote Originally Posted by Type911
    Best beer commercial I have seen in awhile...for obvious reasons.
    Sepia ?? What on earth was Heineken thinking ?
    They were thinking that the car is part of the whole message. Heineken is appreciated by people "in the know" with good taste instead of people that just follow the herd.

As hard it may be to believe, the color fits perfectly. I may be reading too much into it but I don't think so. These "ad" people understand trends quite well.

By the way, the car has no oil filler door so 72' it is not. I'll put money on 73'.
    Bobby
    71' Olive 2.2E Targa / Early S #491

I've always considered the glass to be half full...that is until I reached middle age and realized that it is actually half empty.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobboloo
    They were thinking that the car is part of the whole message. Heineken is appreciated by people "in the know" with good taste instead of people that just follow the herd.
    A few "in the know" & a few blokes not "in the know"
    Pass me another Widmer please...
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    1973 911E Viper Green
    2021 Spyder PTS Signal Yellow
    2019 Carrera T Racing Yellow
    2008 Boxster S Ltd. Ed Orange
    2007 911 GT3 Meteor Grey

@Type911 instagram
    RGruppe #295
    Zuffenhausen secret weapon

porsche in commercial

yup, that my car. it's a 71E. the art department added the bondo to make the car more 'cool'. i've seen the commercial and somehow it doesn't translate to me. in any case it is nice to see that they chose an old 911 as the typified 'cool' car for a beer commercial targeted to mass america. does that mean sepia is percieved as 'cool' also? they sure had the choice of many other colors!

thomas

ps. does anyone have an extra set of 'driver quality' kneebars?

hooptie

I have been warned all about you movie guys... Especially the Art Dept dept guys.. Only the Art Dept would add Bondo to a cool car..

I recomend that you watch ebay for your knee bars..

There is currently a set on that I am bidding on for MY 1973 911E coupe. My 911E is green with a tan interior..

IMHO Sepia Brown (AKA baby**** brown) is still a lousy color!..

Now if you can find a Metallic Green 1970 911S Coupe that would be a score!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Type911
    A few "in the know" & a few blokes not "in the know"
    Pass me another Widmer please...
    That's good stuff there. It's nice to see that R Gruppe really is open to all kinds. Who's the street guy with the grocery cart?

My personal beer of choice is Stella Atois but I'll drink anything. Even Coors Light if I'm in a pinch but please don't repeat that. I wouldn't want anyone to know.

Hooptie, The bondo thing doesn't surprise me at all. The target audience for that commercial is college boys. Not well to do Malibu Execs like Jeff who have a stable of pristine shiny early cars, like the Metallic Green 73'E, which is OK I guess if you like that sort of thing.

Great car by the way, I don't think I've ever seen a 71' in Sepia. Tons of 72's though.
    Is you car late 71'? If it is then you've probably got flat sixes instead of deep sixes and the 72'/73' style side mirror which were already being installed in March 71'.
    Bobby
    71' Olive 2.2E Targa / Early S #491

I've always considered the glass to be half full...that is until I reached middle age and realized that it is actually half empty.

malibu

exec, too bad metallic green isn't big with the kids, you'd have made the big bucks i did renting the car out. keep the car charged with a trickle, you never know when you want to take it for a ride. my sepia car is a 71. it came with the round mirror and the smaller wheels (touring) for those long rides along the PCH. the guy i purchased it from bought it from vegas b ut i think it spent most of its time in colorado.

exec, is that green car for sale?