Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank You, Tony!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank You, Tony!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Porshce genius, Tony, at TLG Auto strikes, again.

After being told (by another shop) I was going to have to spend $1000 to replace all of my injectors because my CIS would not hold pressure, Tony was able find the problem after a tough couple of hours. Ended up being a far-off spring somewhere in the fuel distributor that appears to have been incorrectly modified by an unknown someone at an unknown time.

Thanks, Tony!

Guys, I have no interest in his business other than wanting to keep him around for a long time. If your cars are anywhere near North Hollywood, CA I can't give a stonger recommendation.

If you need the number, it's 818-982-7610.
    J-P
    S Registry #949

Tony is a good guy. He gets my vote.
    Cheers,

Steve

Early 911S Registry #791
    R Gruppe #404

69 911T Ivory White 2.9 "RGruppe'd" (SOLD)
    72 911T Silver RS Replica SOLD
    73 911S Silver 2.7 "Flares and Chairs" SOLD

Talking Tony Is Amazing!

TONY AT TLG IS GREAT!

I tell people that Tony is the mechanic that other Porsche mechanics constantly rely on!

He knows every Porsche from early 356 Carreras to late model 911... He builds an amazingly strong 911 engine that is ultra reliable...

Very few Porsche mechanics can rebuild a 356 or 911 transmission? Most will pull them out and send them to Tony!

I remember calling Tony about the wiring on an early Porsche...He knew exactly where every one of the 14 wires went! No book he just rattled off the green wire with the red stripe went to position 32, the red wire with the black stripe went to posion 36 , the yellow wire with the blue stripe went to 44..etc etc...

I have a 1973 911E that runs great but would start to smoke excessively after driving it for a few minutes.. I am talking serious James Bond type smoke!!... I would turn the car off and restart it a few minutes later and no smoke I mean none, then drive it 2 blocks and huge white clouds... The compression was 165+/- in all 6 cylinders and I checked that there was water in the radiator so I knew it was not a blown head gasket (LOL)...
    The guy I bought the car from had 2 mechanics condem the motor! They said bad valve guides,rings or maybe a bad MFI pump...

Tony was the only mechanic that immediately solved a problem the moment I described it to him... He fixed it over the phone!!

Anyone want to guess what the problem was!

Now if I can get Tony to fix my leaking transmission shifter seal over the phone...

i will absolutely vouch for mr. tony. not knowing the nuances of the early 911 world, he took the time to explain it all to me. a great solid person. thanks tony. i've got 850 miles on the motor. see you soon for the valve adjustment.

thomas

hey exec, that james bond smoke screen was an $85 option in 73.

www.spyderautomobiles.com .au
    Quote Originally Posted by execmalibu
    TONY AT TLG IS GREAT!

I have a 1973 911E that runs great but would start to smoke excessively after driving it for a few minutes.. I am talking serious James Bond type smoke!!... I would turn the car off and restart it a few minutes later and no smoke I mean none, then drive it 2 blocks and huge white clouds... The compression was 165+/- in all 6 cylinders and I checked that there was water in the radiator so I knew it was not a blown head gasket (LOL)...
    The guy I bought the car from had 2 mechanics condem the motor! They said bad valve guides,rings or maybe a bad MFI pump...

Tony was the only mechanic that immediately solved a problem the moment I described it to him... He fixed it over the phone!!

Heehee... howsabout waaaay too full of oil? I would suggest that when the previous oil change was done someone checked the oil level with the engine off, not warm etc and couldn't get a correct reading on the dipstick so kept adding oil...creating a 'diesel' effect. Creates a huge mess too...am I right Mike?

Cheers,
    Lisa
    Lisa Gregory
    Early 911S Registry #726

www.spyderautomobiles.com.au

Talking Lisa..no This Was Not The Problem..

Lisa,

Over filled oil tank not the problem...That was the first thing that I checked...

An over filled oil tank was the reason that I was able to buy a 1972 911S for only $1,300!

While on location a PA (Production Assistant)took it upon himself to check the oil on the picture cars. Upon finding the Porsche low on oil he kept adding oil (5 quarts) until there was "enough".. When we started filming all was fine until just after a small stunt.. The car started to smoke badly and dumped a huge amount of oil on the ground.. I figured that they had broken something maybe even the case so we condemed that car and went on to the second Porsche of three that we had.

I bought the car with the blown motor from the Film Company after shooting was finished and expected that car had serious mechanical problems and pushed it into a corner..

A few weeks later upon inspection I found oil all over the top of the engine and in the air cleaner.. I thought maybe a broken ring was pressurizing the oil tank?.. Then I drained the oil and found my 14 quart pan was over filled and created a giant oil slick all over my driveway..

It was then I figured out the problem and my $1,300 911S was fixed..

Not until about a month or two later at the wrap party was when the truth came out... The PA said they told him to "check the Picture Cars".. The producer was pissed because he wanted the car for himself but not with a bad motor..

Knowing you, it was probably USER ERROR
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Oil in the muffler?
    Bobby
    71' Olive 2.2E Targa / Early S #491

I've always considered the glass to be half full...that is until I reached middle age and realized that it is actually half empty.

almost a year has gone, so what was the prob?

Has anyone cared to answer this? seems to me it would be of great value to members.
    Richard aka le Zookeeper
    early reg #1128

oil in the gas