Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MidWest R Gruppe vs Lamborghini Club

MidWest R Gruppe vs Lamborghini Club

Well, we had to put the smack-down on the local Lambo Club today. I don't think these guys were prepared for our, ummm, driving style when they invited us on their drive ...... we were like a swarm of killer bees all over these guys.

Unfortunately, I had some camera problems and my photos look like crap. Jared, did you get any photos of the day's activities????
    Attached Images Attached Images      

A few more from today:

Jared Rundell - Registered User JCR's Avatar
    SH*T - That Gallardo looks pretty damn good on me! Too bad my accountant is off 'til Tuesday!

Curt... why is it, whenever I stick my camera out the sunroof - you're BEHIND me???

The Blut Orange E is owned by Dennis and Molly who we just met today. They happened to see our caravan, did a U turn and followed us to lunch. That NEVER happens around here! Watch out! The Midwest Longhood ranks are growing fast!!
    Jared
    '73 911S #0793
    '69 912_ #0602
    Early S #0454
    RGruppe #0391

Hmmm... looks like the baby Hummers are stacking up like cord wood!!

Lunch afterwards in "quaint" Franklin, MI.
    Jared
    '73 911S #0793
    '69 912_ #0602
    Early S #0454
    RGruppe #0391

Edit: Okay Curt, since I'm so generous... I've decided to donate this toward the first week
    of your Gallardo payment plan:
    Jared
    '73 911S #0793
    '69 912_ #0602
    Early S #0454
    RGruppe #0391

www.spyderautomobiles.com .au
    Jared,

a friend of ours bought a Gallardo - same colour I think (orange). He was a bone fide Porsche boy through and through. Now that Audi are the driving force behind Lamborghini he justifies the purchase by saying it's all Audi technology. BTW, from what he has told us you'll need a few of those "bills" you posted to pay the gas bill!

Curt,

any info on that Rebel 356? She looks like a really sweet car...and your camera did OK with that shot .

Cheers,
    Lisa
    Lisa Gregory
    Early 911S Registry #726

www.spyderautomobiles.com.au

Hey Lisa - that's Vic Rivera's outlaw. I don't know much about it because I just don't know 356's at all. He did mention that he did the New England 1000 vintage rally with it recently. Vic's got so many cars, I can't keep track of them!

why is it, whenever I stick my camera out the sunroof - you're BEHIND me???

I'm typically lost and following you.

Here's Vic ....

Vic is definitely an enthusiast's enthusiast!

Lisa, I appreciate YOUR enthusiasm in helping justify my Gallardo purchase,
    but my accountant just phoned and said you should stop any further encouragement. She suggested one of those Hummers would be a FAR better choice for my new "company car" (accountants just love that R word... Rebate).

The story I heard was Audi management was horrified when they saw the
    Diablo replacement and immediately sent a team to basically start over on what became the Murcielago.
    When the head Lamborghini engine builder met the new German lead designer, he referred to him as the "engine cover" designer. Designer says he isn't just doing the engine cover, but the entire car. Engine guy says something to the effect of "son, this is Lamborghini... anything that is not the engine IS the engine cover". Love that story!

I was impressed by the fit, finish, detailing and on road presence of the Gallardo. No doubt, Audi has done a terrific job with the marque in a short time. Honestly though... it's a bit too "high profile" for lil 'ole me. I'm really lusting after the new Aston Vantage V8... unfortunately no Aston rebates yet.
    Jared
    '73 911S #0793
    '69 912_ #0602
    Early S #0454
    RGruppe #0391

Yeah, that 144-month financing option was tempting ..... the deal killer for me were the paddle shifters. They were very small and didn't turn with the steering wheel I'm not sure how one is to shift in a tight turn? On my M3, the paddles are large and turn with the wheel, allowing shifts no matter how the wheel is turned.