Looking for someone who has replaced rockers and the door striker panels on a 1971 911. I finally ground off all the spot welds and removed the outer rockers and the door striker. I didn't want to drill holes in the quater panel lip, so I slowly ground the spot welds out from inside the wheel well. Also noticed that the rocker support panels were rotted so I have to order those from Stoddard tomarrow. In the mean while, I pop riveted the panels on to check for fit. While it took some work and tweeking, I got everything to line up. So here are my questions:

1) Rockers - noticed that the panel I have is about 1/2" short of the door jamb where the hinges are. Also, about 2" from the front under the threshold, there is a 1.5" hole. My orginal had a rectangular hole that was inset with a plate. I assume I have to add a piece to bridge the gap and re use that little triangular piece that goes all the way front by the door jamb and rocker.

2) Striker panel - the panel I have, has the round "land" for the button for the oil filler cap on the 72's, or is it the 73's. My original did not have this.

I understand both these items are most likely reproductions panels, but are there better panels or OEM panels out there and where do I get them. If not, I guess I'll have to use these, but trying to my '71 S as original as possible. Like to find out before I start welding. BTW, anyone try that panel epoxy for the striker panel? Used it to put in a headlight bucket and it seems to work well. Figure the less heat I put on the quater the better. Thanks Allan