Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 15x7 Fuchs ID

15x7 Fuchs ID

I ran across five wheels marked 7J15 with the following info:
    P/N 911.361.020
    AS1.62 281392

Any idea what yr. model they are from and what they are worth? Hopefully not the asking price of $2000.00

Actually, I took the above info off of one wheel, but it was said that all the wheels are identical. The wheel has a beadblasted appearance starting just as the outer lip turnes the corner and ending pretty much up to the black paint. The spokes looked to be the usual anodized finish.

The inside spacing is 4.75" and the outside is 3" measuring from the mounting flange to the very outside edges of the rim. What tire will fit these rims (for the rear only) and avoid the paint burn? ...If there is such a thing.

Thanks.
    Leaf green 72T, SOLD!
    Gone back to my MoPar roots!

There should be another 2 digits at the end of the part number (sometimes they are missing)

They are regular 7x15's used on 911's & 944's until 1989. Do they take a 3-prong centercap, or a ring-style cap?

Not worth $2000!
    [Early 911 Registry #772]

If the last 2 digits are 01 then they are the earlier version that takes the 3-pronged centre caps & would be correct for an original RS - could well be worth $2000 for 4.
    Andy

Early 911S Reg #753
    R Gruppe #105

Andy
    Shouldn't that be 01
    Regards
    Mike
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    73E (home after 25 years) and sold again
    Early S reg. #681

Mike you must have typed that as I was editting my mistake !!
    Andy

Early 911S Reg #753
    R Gruppe #105

I didn't see that there was a .01 or ?? I can try to see if my three prong center cap from my 72 fits these wheels - if that will help with ID.
    Leaf green 72T, SOLD!

Alex,
    Check the dates on the webs between the bolt flanges on the inside. If the dates are there and they are 8/73 or earlier they should be 01, if later they are usually 11(ring cap). If the dates are on the back of the spokes then they are later (usually 41).
    Harvey

Harvey,

The owner said none of these wheels had date codes - whatever, and he didn't look motivated to get it out for another inspection. As far as I'm concerned he can use them as decoration or bolt them to the wall and wrap a garden hose around them, because I'm not going to beg for them. If the opportunity arises (meaning when he needs the money) I'll have another look. Until then they will remain somewhat of a mystery.

Thanks everyone for all the valuable input.
    Leaf green 72T, SOLD!

Hey, if you don't want the later 15 x 7 wheels, let me have a shot at them. I haven't seen any 15 x 7's (set of 4, they always come with 8's as baggage) FS at any price for months.

They're repros, but here's a nice looking set of 4 on Ebay at the moment. They are cast, not forged of course, but the price sure is attractive. I emailed the seller to check about the offset, apparently they are the right ones for tucking nicely under an early car. Ebay seller ID is porschewheelguy, so he oughta know his stuff.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...spagenameZWDVW
    John Gray

70 old air
    86 middle air
    95 new air