Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Concorso Italiano

Concorso Italiano

Who's going? It's Friday the 18th of August; also the first day of the Historics at Laguna Seca.

I've decided to show up this year and I was wondering whom I should look for out on the fairway(s).
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

The Quail

Marco,

If you have NOT purchased tickets to the Italiano, try to get tickets to
    The Quail. They may be sold out
    http://www.quaillodge.com/pdf/The_Qu...ss_Release.pdf

I have gone to the Italiano the last 2 years..TOO crowded. Everyone who went to The Gathering at The Quail raved about it. I am going for my first time.

Although pricey, The Quail is the better value..food, drink included..

Either way, you'll have a great time. I'll be looking for you. I'm staying at the Hyatt.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255
    '70 911 S Coupe 2.9 w/MFI Twin Plug "Flairs n Chairs"
    '72 911 S Targa 2.4 w/MFI

Ray,

I already bought my ticket to the Concorso. At least, I gave them my credit card number and thought I paid. I was given a confirmation so I suppose that I'm in ... Who knows.

I always stay up in Santa Cruz with my friends and make the trip to Monterey daily. I will be going to the Historics on Saturday.

I'll be driving the 356 Outlaw that weekend so keep your eyes peeled for a 5 speed 356.
    -Marco

I know the Quail is exclusive, but is that the situation with the Concorso? Limited tickets? I had given some thought about going. Sometimes I can't see that far into the future to make a commitment. What's the deal? Thanks.

ticket prices

Zeke,

Check the website for the Italiano. They may be cheaper if you buy it now, vs. buying closer to the date. You can buy online, like Marco, or on site.
    The website will explain.

Do the same with The Quail. See if tickets are still available? The value is with The Quail.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255
    '70 911 S Coupe 2.9 w/MFI Twin Plug "Flairs n Chairs"
    '72 911 S Targa 2.4 w/MFI

Hey Ray,

Will be there as well. I will actually put my Alfa Zagato in the concorso. Stop by and say hi - Should be fun. I hope I won't forget the wine and glasses

Mike
    Mike Baum #505

57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sprint
    60 Citroën ID
    61 Lancia Appia Vignale Convertibile
    64 Alfa Romeo Giulia TI
    66 Lancia Flavia Sport Zagato
    69 911S Targa (Soft Window)
    72 Alfa Romeo Junior Zagato 1600

My oldest son and myself will be there for Satuday and Sunday. We might get out early enough to be there Friday afternoon also. We will be driving the Stay Puff. I look forward to seeing everyone there.
    Dan Byers
    71T targa - "Stay Puff"
    EarlyS Member #608

Thought this deserved a bump as the date is right around the corner.

I'll be driving Frank (356 Outlaw) and have it parked in the Non-Italian corral. Stop by and say, "Hi!"
    -Marco

My brother Steve and I will be there, he's got a booth to promote his illustrations and sell various prints. Not sure if he's planning on displaying his "Italian" work only or including his Porsche stuff too. I should probably should call him...

Italiano does get crowded, so come early to get a good view of some incredible machines. Even the corrals make for some great Porsche, BMW, & British viewing. I haven't been to Quail since Italiano moved from that site, but I understand the higher price is set to keep the crowds down. Both are expensive when added into the entire weekend... Quail is regarded as having a premium caliber of cars on display, which is saying something, and my guess is there are few (if any) gold on black Diablos!

BA
    Brad Anderson
    911 1970 einspritzung Karmann coupe 0012

Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Automobilia Monterey

guys;
    for anyone who's going to be around during the middle of the week, please drop by the Embassy Suites in Seaside & say hello.
    Tuesday noon - 6:00
    Wednesday 10 - 7:00
    i have ~ 300 competitive event auto badges, rallye plates, trophies, some posters & similar junk. all heavy on the German stuff
    i understand if you're registered for the Historics, your entry is free. same for anyone on the Quail Rallye. (otherwise $6)
    details;
    http://www.automobiliamonterey.com/
    cheers
    jerry