Thread: WTB: RSR Mechanical Fuel Injection (MFI) Throttle Bodies

WTB: RSR Mechanical Fuel Injection (MFI) Throttle Bodies

Hello! I am building a 2.8RSR engine for my friend's '84 race car, and we just acquired some of the right RSR stacks. I now need either

a) High-butterfly RSR throttle bodies
    b) Slide-valve RSR throttle bodies

Both of us are pretty adept at fabricating things, so if you possibly had a "loaner" or if we could pay to borrow (so we could copy/design our own) a pair of throttles (even ones that are frozen or junked), we'd be grateful!

Please let me know what you've got. I'm 100% serious.

YTNUKLR@aol.com

Best
    Scott
    scott kinder
    kindersport@gmail.com

Registry #614

9110220587 - 1973 RSR revival in progress
    My Car Thread: "Five-Eighty-Seven..."
    的f it isn't there, it didn't cost anything, it doesn't weigh anything and can't break." - From the philosophy of Grady Clay

Speaking of fabricating, couldn't you just build a spacer/intake manifold that raises production ITBs to high butterfly specs for the same effect?
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Call Dave Buhain at Road & Race. He's got a complete high butterfly setup for sale ... or check out Eurometrix --> theirs are $8,500 for the throttle bodies, linkage, stacks and hardware.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Well, should have been a little more specific...

we are serious about paying a fair price for the use/inspection of an original slide-valve or two because we are interested in fabbing up some replicas. I really want it to look dead-nuts original and run the red plastic RSR stacks I've got, I'm not sure there is an ITB maker that looks close-ish to orig.? Jenveys and TWMs look great but they also look like giant silver carbs to me, perhaps out of place on such an engine as this...

$8500 is pushing it. I'd like to use them , but I can't justify the cost, and neither can the owner, even. Is this what you did Marco, I noticed you were looking?

Thanks guys,

Scott
    scott kinder
    kindersport@gmail.com

Registry #614

的f it isn't there, it didn't cost anything, it doesn't weigh anything and can't break." - From the philosophy of Grady Clay

Actually, I went to Henry at Supertech; however, with his setup you need to use a set of bored-out early 69/70 throttle bodies with the different manifold stud spacing. I don't think this is what you're after.

I gave Henry a set of cores and he refurbished them and gave me intake stacks to go with them. They LOOK high butterfly-ish but are not ... a reasonably priced alternative to the real thing.

Dave Buhain at Road and Race is your best bet ... I think he might have two or three REAL high butterfly sets. They are not minty, so you might pay a more real-world price compared to the Eurometrix gear.
    -Marco

That might work! I called Henry yesterday and we discussed the options. I think we may be able to make an adapter block that will allow the 4-hole red plastic stacks to bolt up to the 2-stud 2.2 throttle bodies. That would be very kick-a$$ and not cost an arm and a leg. I'll give Buhain a call and see what the dillio is on high-butterflies...How's your project car coming? I don't know if you know, but I work at TRE now and I've met Dan, who apparently worked with TLG years ago...cool beans, I should like to stop by sometime after work and B.S.!

Cheers
    Scott
    scott kinder
    kindersport@gmail.com

Registry #614

Yeah, Dan worked for my dad years and years ago; I've got a lot of stories. He's a really great guy; I've known him my whole life ... literally.

Henry's stuff looks really good ... I can't wait to put my motor in the car and see if everything works as good as it looks. Feel free to come by the shop if you want to see what the setup looks like on a motor.

My car is kinda lost in Bodyshop Land right now ... not a good situation and one that I'm VERY upset about.
    -Marco

I'll stop by TLG sometime this week. Will you be around? Dan is awesome.
    scott kinder
    kindersport@gmail.com

Registry #614

We're open from 9am to 5pm, Monday through Friday. I'm there every day.
    -Marco

Sweet, I was actually discussing going over there with Dan yesterday. I work 3-4 days a week, not sure what my schedule is this week, but I'll see if maybe Friday ? Cheers, Scott
    scott kinder
    kindersport@gmail.com

Registry #614