Thread: Shell sticker on 1971 E

Shell sticker on 1971 E

Hello all, Does anyone have a picture of where the Shell sticker goes on the air cleaner housing? I need to apply my clean unused sticker to my clean new-used housing.
    Thanks in advance.......Lovin' my "E"

73E Shell sticker

Here's a shot of Schmidt's former 73E.
    HTH
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    1973 911E Viper Green
    2021 Spyder PTS Signal Yellow
    2019 Carrera T Racing Yellow
    2008 Boxster S Ltd. Ed Orange
    2007 911 GT3 Meteor Grey

@Type911 instagram
    RGruppe #295
    Zuffenhausen secret weapon

1969E Shell Sticker

Leon, this is the engine from TeeScott's very original 1969E. I don't know if the Shell sticker is original or in the right place, but I'm sure Scott would.

Bob
    1973 911E - Viper Green
    1973 911T - Light Ivory, becoming Glacier Blue RS

Can anyone confirm whether Scott's or Schmidt's placement is correct (original)? I'm not normally this anal about my car...but I have one beautiful sticker and if I ever sell the car it might be to aa "anal" buyer. You know how it is.......

The placement was changed acording to the years. How about some pics of the car Leon?
    67 Normale, Old Rusty
    67 R Inspired and on a Diet
    73 T/ST Caged Beast
    RGruppe #383
    S Registry #739

Quote Originally Posted by Leon Todaro
    Can anyone confirm whether Scott's or Schmidt's placement is correct (original)? I'm not normally this anal about my car...but I have one beautiful sticker and if I ever sell the car it might be to aa "anal" buyer. You know how it is.......
    Leon,
    Schmidt's car was an un-molested orig. car. Pretty sure that sticker was
    factory applied.

This link shows similar placement.

http://www.early911sregistry.org/ShllStckrPosition.html
    1973 911E Viper Green
    2021 Spyder PTS Signal Yellow
    2019 Carrera T Racing Yellow
    2008 Boxster S Ltd. Ed Orange
    2007 911 GT3 Meteor Grey

@Type911 instagram
    RGruppe #295
    Zuffenhausen secret weapon

Sticker Placement

Chris is correct about sticker placement on' 72 and later cars - here's the original sticker on my '73, just like Schmidt's.

But I'm not sure on earlier cars how the placement was - I went to Frank Galloggolly's site because he has so many original, low mileage cars of different years:

http://www.porsche911r.shutterfly.com/action/

However, it seems that none of his '69's or '70's have a Shell sticker on the housing. Also, couldn't find any pictures in Brett Johnson.
    1973 911E - Viper Green
    1973 911T - Light Ivory, becoming Glacier Blue RS

Thanks guys. I'll go with Schmidt's placement. Mine is a 71. This site is awesome and very helpful.
    Rick, I'm still putting some minor trim on. Fixed the timing. My mechanic said my "E" rivals some "S's" he's driven. Pulls very strong all the way up the RPM range and the MFI "barks like a howling wolf in heat". Love that sound way more than the Zeniths on my old 70T.