Thread: PPI in Orlando

PPI in Orlando

Just got off the phone with a guy in Orlando regarding an E (the orange one from Samba). Apparently the ebay buyer is having trouble and I am next on his list.

After talking with the guy I feel an extremely thorough PPI is needed. Body, engine, transmission, whole 9 yards.

Does anybody know of a solid early car guy for PPI in Orlando area? One major issue is the car is not insured so I'd need a flatbed to get it on site.

This is not a for sure thing just yet as the guy wants out by Friday (yeah, i know, that got me a bit concerned as well) and i told him he needs to call the next guy down as i can't possibly have a PPI done and fly to Orlando in two days. Apparently he's moving out of state and to a new job. He told me he'd call me back if no other options were available.

Thanks for the help guys...

Erik

Erik,
    I know of a very good early guy. There are several people that trailer their cars to him just for service. MFI guru as well. If I remember correctly he was Alex Job Racing crew cheif at one time. If there is a time crunch I can juggle my schedule and give you detailed pics and a run down. I do know of a 73S that may be for sale as well locally.
    Rick

Edit: People trailer their cars from out of state for service!
    67 Normale, Old Rusty
    67 R Inspired and on a Diet
    73 T/ST Caged Beast
    RGruppe #383
    S Registry #739

That whole deal smells fishy. I bid on that car and was given a second chance offer based on my bid of $10,000 and change. This after the car "sold" for $19000.

There's just something slightly smelly about that car and that auction. The seller has one transaction under his belt! I hope I'm wrong but the fact the car has to be flatbedded "because of no insurance" and he wants out by Friday. Well...

It just feels slightly just a little bit too good but not so too good to be true, if you know what I mean.

I'm interested to know how this turns out.
    Cheers,

Steve

Early 911S Registry #791
    R Gruppe #404

69 911T Ivory White 2.9 "RGruppe'd" (SOLD)
    72 911T Silver RS Replica SOLD
    73 911S Silver 2.7 "Flares and Chairs" SOLD

Usually if it smells fishy then there are fish. If there is anything locally that I can do either to help to expose a scam or help with the ppi I am glad to do it.
    Rick
    67 Normale, Old Rusty
    73 T/ST Caged Beast
    RGruppe #383
    S Registry #739

Not sure if this is the guy rick is talking about ...

But on my many visits to Orlando for friends and business this is the place I'd recommend... have 2 Porsche buddies who are Sid customers...

http://www.troysport.com/index.htm

Cheers and hope this helps....
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Chuck is correct. This guy is fantastic. I read my old post sorry to have sounded so secretive.
    Rick
    67 Normale, Old Rusty
    73 T/ST Caged Beast
    RGruppe #383
    S Registry #739

thank you guys!

i am waiting to hear back from the guy so we'll see what happens. i wanted to be prepared to name a shop asap if he can wait. i believe he mentions troysport in his ad and, if i'm not mistaken, he mentioned said shop on the phone as well (bit of a language barrier).

it certainly does have a vaguely fishy feel about it; i agree. that's why i immediately said 'i need more time than that'.

rick if i do get the nod from this guy i'll probably take you up on a first look/pre-ppi once over to see if it's worth doing the ppi.

what a community this is, thank you all again.

erik

well no call back yet. getting the feeling someone else stepped up and threw cash at him.

In the add the seller pays special thanks to Troysport, which is Sid Collins. Call him directly, he may know the car.

well i guess he found somebody else with an envelope full of cash. darnit! (or maybe not based on the phone call asking me to be there with cash by Friday!)