Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: From Steve McQueen to Jo Siffert

Found McQueen Ferrari

Scored from some Old Lady at Walmart....Factory Dinoco Sponsored. Raced in Cars movie.

Found McQueen Ferrari

Attachment 21264I Forgot Pic
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Wink Feedback from the factory

No wonder you get no feedback from the factory!

PS: Was forced to see Cars by wife and daughter because it featured a Porsche....

Milou / Registry #884
    www.ecurielyford.com

Here's Siffert's dealership.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Carl Bauer - OBP
    1979 RoW 911SC
    1969 Subaru 360 - 1969 Winkelmann WDF1 - 2016 KTM RC390

Maybe my car is the one outside? it's so weird...I'm written to the Siffert family to see if they had any available photographs and a record of when the car was sold.

Milou / Registry #884
    www.ecurielyford.com

that dealership sure looks like the good old days when worlds population was half of what it is today and their was personal service.
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

Wink old vs. new

Funny you say that, I was thinking the same thing....put a photo of a modern dealership next to it and the choice of where you'd prefer to go is obvious. I guess"it's all about the cars" has become "it's all about the buying"...

Milou / Registry #884
    www.ecurielyford.com

Wink Last owner, last photos....

At last I was able to track down the last owner of my 911 2.2S (originally a 2.2S chassis sent new by the factory from the production line to their "werks" department to be modified for their driver Jo Siffert). This last owner, now living in Basel, owned the car from 1981 until 1985.

After that the car was dismantled and kept in a garage. It was painted yellow and an ambitious project of an RS replica began but was quickly aborted and the car left as is. Not yet aware of its original provenance, we began the full restoration in 2004.

The last owner kindly sent me (cool) photographs of the car during his ownership, and I finally discovered the car as it originally left the werks department when new (in April 1971): The car delivered to Siffert was actually a 2.4S prototype with a sportomatic transmission!

I sent the pictures to Paul Blancpain (Siffert's director until 1971) who remembered the car except for the Mahle wheels....I guess I should now revert the car back to its original condition, but I think I prefer the car in slate gray and as a 2.2S....

Milou / Registry #884
    www.ecurielyford.com

The story just keeps getting better. You've got to put the Sporto back in now!!

ats/mahle

Sorry I meant ATS wheels. Looking at the Cardex, all the options are visible on the photographs but it does not mention the ATS wheels. They could have been added later or where not listed as an option? I believe ATS wheels came out mid 1971? It's funny because by april 1971 the 2.4 model was actually only a few months away...
    I've decided to put it back only if I find its original 2.4 engine otherwise I'll keep it as is.

Milou / Registry #884
    www.ecurielyford.com