Thread: Selling my Bastard child 73.5 T

Sold my Bastard child 73.5 T

I'm selling my "bastard child" 73.5 T because I managed to get my hands on my old 911SC and I think it will make a better base for track car... (backdated to look like a 73RS of course)

The 73.5 T is a nice driver, it came with all the S options (chin spoiler, chromes sides, S brakes, torsion bars). I'm selling it cheap ($9500 vs the $22000 I have in it) because I found out - after purchase - that it had a nose clip from a 72S - secret VIN confirms that. And because I'm an honest guy - one could hide this and sell the car for $$$$$ but that's not me ! I posted the whole story here, actually...

That said, believe me when I say it's been put together really well and has held up that way for 20 or 30 years... We put it on a bench it was straight! The only bad news is that it'll never be collectible. And the paint is kinda sucky, but not embarassingly so. I was 3 days away from putting cage in it and going racing when the freind I sold my old SC to called and asked if I wanted it back... I thought about using this car as a source of parts for a backdate but it seems cruel as it drives so well and deserves to stay on the road !

The 2.4 motor + CIS were gone over 2000 miles ago ($6000) and pulls like a 3.0. Don't take my word for it, come try it ! New clutch at the same time ($$$), new shocks ($1000 installed), new tires ($$$), brakes redone, it's truly fun driver...

There is no rust on the chassis except for one spot - rear window corner where the seal leaked, but that is ALL ! It's a $750 repair. The interior is mind, except the dash which has 3 cracks.

All in all, I am selling it for the price of the parts: Nice 2.4 motor, excellent tranny, new clutch - right there you got some $$$. Add the new suspension, S bumpers, fenders, instruments, interior, you are probably above asking price... but.... it truly is a great little driver, if you wanted to drive an early car and not care where you parked it, there you go !!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

An Honest Man!

So, there IS an honest man in the early 911 community, after all...how refreshing! I salute you, Sir. Wish there were more like you.

The story on this car is amazing. Look up the thread. I think the car is worth the price as it has gotten so much love, you wouldn't believe it. Someone wanting an early car and wanting to build an RGruppe car from it could do MUCH worse than this one. Good luck!
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

wow that is a heck of a story behind that car!

your story is a great reminder to get a good PPI.

you are a saint and i hope you find an original '72 S in a barn for $4,000. You deserve it

Thanks guys

Yes, I was honest about that car... The PO screwed me, and if you read the story about the title(s), splice, etc, you know what I've been through. I'm happy to report the car is now sold (all I need is for the check to bounce now, but I think not, the buyer was a nice guy)

The new owner is happy - I think, he's still on the road for his 7h trip back - since he wanted a driver and got $9500 worth of parts and a car for free... I'm happy because as much of a bath as I took on this car (say $13K loss minimum), and as much as I liked it anyway, I don't have to look at it everyday anymore and remember how I bad a deal I got!

I believe in Karma (well not really, but I like the concept). I've disclosed everything, I learned from my mistake on the "fake PPI", and, talking about Karma, I've just bought back my first Porsche from a friend, an 83SC - at a good deal too (see, it comes around) - and will turn her into a 73RS track clone with he proceeds from this car's sale. Yup, I've lost a bunch but no more than one year depreciation on a new cayman (no offense, I love the cayman too)! Lesson learned, moving on !!

Now if ANY football team could take Brazil out of the world cup I'd consider this whole thing even, Karma-wise!!! ;-)