Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Signal Green

Signal Green

Anyone have car this color? Opinions? Seen this car?

http://www.euroclassics.com/extra_ph...-bin=0&ID=6221
    356 Reg #16227
    Early S Reg #700
    R Gruppe #340

Steven, you could have a look at it in 2 weeks when you go down for the SVR? Ask Tom if he is familiar with it?
    Karl.
    Karl: E911SR #792 ; RG #420 ; GS #7

'72T Coupe - Sepia Brown

I Love it, but those pimp your ride, red pinstripe floor mats and seat belts gotta go.
    Bobby
    71' Olive 2.2E Targa / Early S #491

I've always considered the glass to be half full...that is until I reached middle age and realized that it is actually half empty.

Warning: If you have a chubby for more than 4 hours, you should see a doctor immediately. Don't stare too long:

Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

I saw this car on EBay a few weeks ago and was immediately sucked in by the color (enough to make it my screensaver). Someone special ordered the same car as if reading my mind (except for the red seatbelts - which the dealer invoice states cost an additional $1,800!!!). If I were looking for new, I would be all over this car - then I would sell the belts and have the rims redone. Maybe even add a set of Cibie hood lights just to give a retro touch.

the.... color?

I just realized that I have not been flamed in a long time. It cannot simply be my now-old age and mellowing......

BUT, think of how much money is being spent here. I do confess that even I find the car stunning..

BUT THINK BACK ...what 3-5 years? I remember a certain WELL known NCal RG - EarlyS-etc finding an exceptional 73E and he sold it. Everyone commented that it was such a great car - EXCEPT for the horrible bright green color!! Pretty much the same color.

What happens when everyone thinks this color sucks again? Will the owner have to paint it Sepia Brown [and those of you keeping up with the trends may now realize that ....yes..brown..and earth colors are rapidly becoming a "good" color again. So get your brown jokes out and have a ball because you won't be able to use them pretty soon.] THO I kinda HATE that everyone will be cooing over... browns. I kinda LIKE having an unloved Bitter Chocolate Porsche. Maybe I will haffta sell it when everyone loves it again...

BUT seriously for a second. WHAT do you do when you got $90k tied up in a Porsche and everyone pretends they don't know you when you pull up in it? [At least I know my brown car... represented the prevailing market price and was unlikely to depreciate further.]

Wait. I don't have my driving suit on.... wait one more second....

ah, there. GO and have fun.

JOHN RICE

LOL; there will be a lot of people rewriting history saying the loved (name of color) when it comes back into fashion. I neer minded Sepia, just like Olive is one of my faves, as are all of hte period colors. But I'm a freak.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Quote Originally Posted by kenikh
    But I'm a freak.
    Did you change the dot color by your name?....and "yes" you are.....

e

Hey John, was that 73E with original paint and tan interior?..?

Conda?

The colour really reminds me of my '71S.
    Are Conda Green and Signal Green synonymous?
    Howard Lazarus
    Early S Registry #357
    RGruppe #181
    1971 911S Conda Green, Factory Airport Gears
    1972 Corsican Rose Love Fest

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Lazarus
    The colour really reminds me of my '71S.
    Are Conda Green and Signal Green synonymous?
    No. When I had the various formulas mixed to decide which color green to paint my 67, Conda looked somewhere between irish green and viper green on the dark/light spectrum. Conda is more "frog" colored than irish or viper green. The other Porsche color which comes closest to conda I have seen on an other early Porsches is zambezi green which came on some of the early 1970's 914's.
    I have not seen signal green in person on a car, but from the numerous photos I have seen signal is significantly lighter colored than conda and closer to viper green.
    I like conda green alot, and have been keeping my eyes peeled for a nice early targa in conda, but nobody's selling any good ones (the conda green 70E targa on EBay right now looks like a money pit and is too rough for me)...