Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting my RS flares and wheels to look "right"

Question Getting my RS flares and wheels to look "right"

I have never been truly happy with how my 8" Fuchs and 225/50 tires fill my flares. Then I saw this real RS on the RS Registry:

I want my car to look like this. Any ideas what I need to do? Here's my car's rear:

Do I need spacers, larger tires are those wheels 9s or ??? They don't look like 9s...
    Thanks!
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

RS tires.

Kenik: Those could be 9x15 Fuchs from an early turbo. Also they look to be 60 series tires not 50 series. I built up a RS look alike and I put 215/65/15 tires on it and they filled the fender flare up and gave a nice ride with 28mm rear torsion bars. Good luck with your search. Thanks Eric

I thought so, but looking closely at the lips, I think they are 8s. My guess is that the RS car has spacers and taller tires.

Thanks!
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Are you sure those aren't 16" X 9" (early Turbo) wheels? Maybe with 225's?
    JLC
    rgruppe# 344
    collinsgruppe@bellsouth.net

Do early 9s have a larger interior offset, but an identical outer lip to the 8s? All of the 9s I've seen have a wider exterior lip, which is easy to see.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Wheel spacers.

Kenik: It is hard to tell if they are 9x15 from that angle. What I would do is install wheel spacers. You will have to change the rear wheel studs to ones that are 66mm long part# 911.331.671.00 and use 21mm spacers. You may have to turn the spacers thinner to get the look you are looking for and the fender clearance. I have seen two different types of factory 9x15 wheels. The RSR type and the early turbo(75-76) 9x15 factory wheels. Hope this helps. Thanks Eric

Every car is a little different, looks like you could get more tire and wheel under there, you can use a spacer as well. Measure everything up and have Harvey weld you up a set of wheels to fill that baby out. I run a set of 345/35/15 under a set of turbo rear flares, that is 120mm more tire under a flare that is only 50mm wider.
    Phil

The factory 9" RSR wheel look a lot different than an 8, it is much deeper, those look like 8's to me. The 16 x 9 have different profile altogether. I'll pull out pics tomorrow.
    Phil

That decides it then. Where is a good place to buy spacers and studs?
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Wheel studs and spacers.

Kenik: Phone Jason at Paragon Products for the studs and spacers. He is a good guy and an 73 S owner. Tell him Eric from Eric's motorsports sent you. maybe he won't charge you more. haha. He has some other wheel spacers that are made in the aftermarket that may be cheaper than factory ones. Thanks Eric