Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help finding old 911 and 912 pics....

Need help finding old 911 and 912 pics....

Ok, my old addled brain is trying to find some pics of 2 cars from ebay, that I'm pretty sure were discussed here...but I've tried "search" and can't find them.

The first car is a SWB 912, was done RGruppe/rally style, with painted steel wheels, Recaro buckets, it got bid up pretty darn high as my memory serves me (mid $20's?), it was VERY nicely done. I think it was green, but may have been blue (non metallic colors).

The second car was a mid blue 65 (or 66) 911, steel painted wheels, was for sale in the UK, again, very striking looking.

If anybody saved these pics, or has better search skills than me, it would be greatly appreciated. I'm looking for inspiration on a project.

From memory these cars were for sale around 6 to 9 months ago...but heck my memory's shot....so it could have been longer.

thanks!!!

Eric

Loud lederhosen saves lives hoffman912's Avatar
    the 12 was owned by mike (sometimes called mick) Hogan. do a search for him on www.912bbs.org.

im sorry i dont have pics of mikes car, but it was freakin awesome. and fyi, the steel wheels were powdercoated a mercedes silver w/ cad plated lugs. it was irish green.

his car was built by john benton, who has another very tasty hot rodded 12 with a twin plug engine that is to die for (i was blessed to get a chance to drive bentons car last year and its a screamer!). John does things right.. all about performance. check out his site to see some other cars done in the same maner. http://bentonperformance.com/ dont confuse it with bud oleas irish green, which was also done by benton (and is featured on his website). bud's car has the same motor mikes had (single plug, cammed, w/ skat crank, and a whole other host of goodies built to about 130 hp), but was done to a more original standard, rather than an r gruppe standard. but the quality is the same.
    Harry Hoffman
    1968 912 #3656, burgundy red 'Fritz'. Some mods..
    912 Registry charter member #912R0195-C
    Early 911S Registry Member #2070
    356 Registry Member #36691

http://hoffman912.blogspot.com/

Loud lederhosen saves lives hoffman912's Avatar
    also if you like that style should should check out jeff trasks car. do a search for him on the bbs.. very similar style, but his is black.
    Harry Hoffman
    1968 912 #3656, burgundy red 'Fritz'. Some mods..
    912 Registry charter member #912R0195-C
    Early 911S Registry Member #2070
    356 Registry Member #36691

http://hoffman912.blogspot.com/

Hi Eric - was this the '65 car you were thinking of that was for sale in the UK ?

Here's the ebay link:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MESE%3AIT&rd=1

In the end the owner decided to keep it.
    Andy

Early 911S Reg #753
    R Gruppe #105

FWIW,
    Somewhere I remember seeing a thread discussing this particular car, and someone (can't remember who) had stated that they knew the car and owner, and despite the great pic's of the car and its use in the Peter Morgan book that it was rougher in person and needed quite a bit of work to put back in very nice condition. The pic's sure looked nice...

Hoffman,

Well, I can't seem to find yet a (good) pic of Mike's car on either 912 site (or Pelican), or Benton....I'll keep looking... but thanks for the reference, at least I've got somewhere to start!

Andy,

That is indeed the 911 I was thinking of... and I do remember the discussion that the car was a little rough in person.

THANKS!

Eric

912 Irish Green

I remembered the Irish Green you just mentioned it was sweet and the photo was posted from e-bay by Mr. Jeff Trask , unfortunately I tried to do a search under his name and posts but I can not remember in which forum the photo was posted .........it was either here or @ Pelican but I am not sure.

I will love to look at those again.

JL Garcia
    912, 1968
    Toluca , Mexico
    Joe 912
    '68, 912
    Mexico
    Early 911S Registry # 1918

What's it worth to you Mr. Seat Police?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    1966 911 #304065 Irischgruen

Don't need another car Mr. Cramer...have plenty... this is the project (67S number matching..., and not as bad as the pic implies...)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Speaking of Projects...

I know of a 67-S that could be brought back without breaking the bank (too badly). It' a little rough around the edges but it's got it's engine and the hard parts.

I believe the owner might be a little less interested in a full-on restoration project right now. I wish I had the time (and space).

It has 5 original Fuchs (4 + Spare).

I guarantee it would make an excellent 911-R starter kit.

There's a full tilt 2.0 sandcast 911 engine nearby with all the goodies too. Dual plugged (Marelli), 46mm Webers and manifolds, oil lines and harness.
    Amber shroud. Built by welll known Porsche race team manager. Fresh. (PS: no numbers on the case!!!) Nothing.
    Tom