Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freeman Thomas's Car

Freeman Thomas's Car

Anyone know if good photos of Freeman's car (before it was hit) are on the forum anywhere? Remember which issue of Excellence it was in?
    356 Reg #16227
    Early S Reg #700
    R Gruppe #340

It had a ton of pics in European Car a while back. I have the issue here at home and will try to find it.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

I didn't know it was hit..was anyone hurt? Did it total the car? I've got the excellence artical at home. I can post it tonight unless someone else does it first.
    Mike
    S Registry #825
    73.5 Dalmatian Blue

Scope Creep Poster Child
    There was also an article in Road & Track comparing it to his 246 Dino. About 18 months ago? Am I remembering this correctly?
    -Scott
    Early S Registry 1047
    ’15 VW GTI
    '70 911E, Sold

'56 Cliff May Prefab

I think it was hit, Freeman was not hurt, and Alois Ruf is repairing it in Europe. Thanks for the help. If someone would scan the article in Excellence, I would be most grateful. It has always been one of my favorites.
    356 Reg #16227
    Early S Reg #700
    R Gruppe #340

here is a pic from a magazine
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Shots were taken in 04 at the R-Gruppe meet in Monterey, Ca.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Ernie W
    member of Early 911S Registry

My scanner is down but the excellence artical is October 2004
    Mike
    S Registry #825
    73.5 Dalmatian Blue

Quote Originally Posted by mike walker
    I didn't know it was hit..was anyone hurt? Did it total the car? I've got the excellence artical at home. I can post it tonight unless someone else does it first.
    The car had just won an award at the Palos Verdes Concours, he was leaving the event. I do not believe there were any injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray H.
    The car had just won an award at the Palos Verdes Concours, he was leaving the event. I do not believe there were any injuries.
    To the best of my knowledge, that is correct. I think he won more than just an award, though. Seems like it was best in class or even best of the show.

A female driver did a left hand turn in front of Freeman, IIRC. I thought the car might be back in the US by now. I walked a short ways with FT and Herr Ruf at the first All Euro Swap in Long Beach. That would have been a year and 4 months ago. I believe, according the conversation between the two, that the arragements had already been made to ship the car.

However, there may be a little more than just a repair going on over there. Some of our members were just there. Maybe they saw Mr. Thomas' car.

Ray, Will?