Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fs: 1973 S

Fs: 1973 S

Putting up my 73S for sale. Looking to focus my attention on a SWB R project. This is not some rusted out hulk. Here is the info from the COA and the changes from when it was delivered.

Special order paint....
    Cinamon Interior....Now Black
    Sport Seats....Single lockers now, redone by Autos International perferated sides incorrect
    Fog Lights....were missing and I bought repos from Germany and put correct lenses in
    A/C....now in a box
    Sunroof
    Power Windows....manual installed now
    7s with 73 date codes....Harvey Widman RSR Satin finish
    Ductail
    Ruf CTR gas tank 100L
    Motor...replaced with correct 911/53 tired. Now has 40 Webers with concorse quality complete MFI including new fuel pump and every line/part.

There are a couple of friends that are in line but want to put the word out in case they aren't in to this car.
    Please feel free to call or email me for more details.
    richard_uhlman@hotmail.com
    407-493-7507

Rick
    Attached Images Attached Images
    67 Normale, Old Rusty
    67 R Inspired and on a Diet
    73 T/ST Caged Beast
    RGruppe #383
    S Registry #739

Forgot to mention that it does come with the S steel front bumper.
    Rick
    67 Normale, Old Rusty
    73 T/ST Caged Beast
    RGruppe #383
    S Registry #739

You also forgot to mention how much money you want for this beauty...

Ricks posting on the Pelican board indicates that he is asking $47,000.
    Also, for what it's worth, I have seen Rick's car, and it is all there. With the factory sunroof and special order color it would be a great car for anyone looking to grab a real 2.4S coupe - especially with the market on early S's soaring right now.
    I know that Rick has been collecting parts for this car over the past few years (like the correct 2.4S MFI, period correct oil cooler lines, thermostat etc... )just to put the car back together correctly in all its factory glory. In fact, I was really looking forward to seeing it all come together under his stewardship. On the other hand, I also understand his desire to focus his desire and energy on an early SWB!

Very interesting car...what was the original color?

Now is Weissach Platinum Metalic. Original has more Gold and Olive mixed in. I have another shell sitting here and am thinking of painting it this original color to see what it looks like.
    Rick
    67 Normale, Old Rusty
    73 T/ST Caged Beast
    RGruppe #383
    S Registry #739

So I was speaking with Rick yesterday and asked him what kind of feedback he was getting on his 73S.
    He said that he has some interestin his car, and there is one party who is vry interested, but concerned that there is rust lurking in the body.
    Rick told me that when he first bought the car 5 years ago, he brought it to Champion Porsche down in Pompano, FL to do a full examination of the body and frame. They confirmed that the body was in fantastic original condition (what a great relief that always is to hear on an early 911). coincidentally enough, within a few days Rick had received numerous unsolicited phone calls from clients of Champion who were interested in buying the car from him. That is usually the best compliment one can hope for....
    Rick also told me that he has been mulling over whether or not to strip and prep the car for a repaint these past 6 months, but figured that it would be better to leave the car as is in case he decided to sell - so potential buyers would be able to see for themselves that even after 5 years (in Florida!!!) there still were no rust areas bubbling up under the old paint. I know Rick well, and he is no BS artist and no exagerator - and there are others on this board who have bought and sold to Rick who will state the same thing. If he says that the body is rust free, it is RUST FREE!

By the way, my old sport seats look pretty damn good in that car!!!!
    They were freshly restored last year by Auto's International along with the consoles, and I won't tell you how much Rick paid for them - but they weren't cheap....

Thanks for the kind words Garth. It was actually Champion Motorsport that I took the car to. I knew I was going to drop alot of cash and wanted to make sure I started with a good car. They said no wrecks or rust. I think that people change their minds about purchasing things and are entitled whatever the reasoning. Alot of people like the color but I had been aiming for how the car had been delivered from the factory and was going to paint it so I haven't cared to much about the little things. I was about to RS this car but I feel the body is too nice to cut it up. I have a 67 normale that I am going to play with a couple of engine combinations and a light weight diet. If someone is looking for a well optioned solid foundation, here it is. If the price is a concern please call me we may be able to find a solution.
    Rick
    67 Normale, Old Rusty
    73 T/ST Caged Beast
    RGruppe #383
    S Registry #739

Cool car! I'm glad to see that a car in non-original color still holds it's value. Good luck!
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389