Thread: Want to see how your 911 does in a crash?

Want to see how your 911 does in a crash?

There are a couple hundred 911s on this parts site. The company is located in Georgia.

I dunno, I found it kind of facinating to see all these cars at the end of their useful lives.

http://www.germanautodismantlers.com....asp?dept=1105
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]-71S

"The 1970-to-1971 2.2-liter S with mechanical fuel injection is the absolute top choice. These 2.2 S engines are short-stroke, high-compression powerhouses without substantial emissions-control clutter, and they have a powerband with gobs of high-rpm torque. With their mechanical fuel injection still intact, they make a spine-tingling shriek as they shoot to redline."

Forbes magazine 7/29/03
    Email: http://picasaweb.google.com/sandiego...eat=directlink

Porsche - There Is No Substitute 2POINT7's Avatar
    Yeah that place is up in the heart of the North Georgia Mountains where, if you are going to wreck a Porsche in Georgia, that's probably where you would do it.

This one http://www.germanautodismantlers.com...m=18&mitem=199 billed as a '71 T coupe looks to be a little more recent with a softer than coupe top to me.

An amazing bunch of cars, however.
    Ed Cave
    Atlanta, GA

Member No. 738

1958 Porsche 356A Sunroof Coupe
    1998 Porsche Carrera S
    2008 Porsche Carrera S (her dd)
    2013 Audi A7 (my dd)

I had a bad experience with that company. They sent me a part that they said was good and it wasn't. They wouldn't give my money back only "store credit"...its a salvage yard!!, I don't want store credit. I had to claim fraud on my credit card to get my money back.
    Mike
    S Registry #825
    73.5 Dalmatian Blue

Sorry to hear that Mike. I've had good experiences with them twice on ebay auctions, geeting a good pair of intake manifolds and turbo lower valve covers at good prices.
    Dave Ebersole
    '78 SC
    Registry #873

I believe this is the company formerly known as "PAP," no? They have had many very mixed reviews over the years on both Rennlist and PP for their questionable descriptions of parts and their customer service. Some people have had good experiences, others not. It looks like a crapshoot to me--about 50/50 that you will get what you think you are buying in a timely fashion. Do a search on PP.

I believe PAP has relocated to Ohio and sells only new parts, now, and seems to have a much better reputation.

TT
    Tom Tweed
    Early S Registry #257
    R Gruppe #232
    Rennlist Founding Member #990416-1164
    PCA National DE Instructor
    Read my surf novel!

I know the company sort of. It was orginally PAP owned by Joe Cogbill on Buford Hwy inside the perimeter in Atlanta. Sometime in the late 90's he relocated to Dahlonega about 40 miles N of Atlanta. Just recently, maybe 3 or 4 years, it was renamed German Auto Dismantlers and I think relocated within the last year to a place further on up the road (Roy Buchanon). I've had dicey dealings with them, some good some not so good. Always enjoyed poking around their yard. They don't get many customers, it's almost all internet. Don't know if Joe Cogbill is still associated with them either. He was an interesting Porsche guy.
    Currently:
    67 3.6 Rocket "Silver"
    62 T6 Outlaw Coupe "ole Yellow"
    65 F100 Custom Cab Flairside Shortbed

Gone but not forgotten in last 2 years:
    67S Concours King
    67 912 Vintage Racer
    68 912 Flipper
    83 911SC
    93 Mo30 968

too many cars before that

Early S Registry # 787
    R Gruppe # 551

"its better to wear out then rust out"

germanautodismantlers

Yes this is the company that ripped me off too. They sold me what they said was a NOS Porsche part which turned out to be a new off the ship part. I sent it back and they said they never got it back when I said check your tracking number they would look into it and never admitted they got it.

Robbed me of my money and shipping both ways.

I will never deal with them again.

It was a Ebay sale.

Buyers Beware.

Scooter

I agree buyer beware!

Thats why its good to use a credit card that has fraud protection. I called my credit card company told them the story they did an investigation got no help or answers from German Auto Dismantlers and credited back to me my $600.00. I assume the credit card company got it back from GAD.
    Mike
    S Registry #825
    73.5 Dalmatian Blue

Theives

Now I remember what it was that I bought from them. It was stated as a NOS Porsche impeller. They even showed a picture of it on Ebay.

When the item arrived........It did not have the correct plating, nor did it look like the one in the picture. After some dissussion with them. I told them I will be sending it back and credit my credit card.

They said they never recieved the item and I had to place a trace on it with UPS. Finally I give them the info they need and still no credit.

This took over 2 months and I think my credit card was already paid so no help there. You have to place it in dispute within a certain time period.

So first they did the "bait and switch" then they did the We never got your return and file a claim with UPS.

I heard the Joe Cogbill story and that he had a good reputation but he probably isn't involved.

They still sell on Ebay I can't recall their handle but would recognize their ads which typically state the enhanced wrong condition of the item being sold.

Never again with them.

Scooter

Sorry to hear about the "horror stories".
    I've purchased two auctions on ebay from GAD, and did very well both times.
    The parts I received were better than expected, and shipped quickly.
    Mike B.
    1972 911E #414
    Early S #1065